Innovation Program ManagerIrving, Texas Job ID JR0106305 Category Strategy Post Date Feb. 09, 2024
McKesson is an impact-driven, Fortune 10 company that touches virtually every aspect of healthcare. We are known for delivering insights, products, and services that make quality care more accessible and affordable. Here, we focus on the health, happiness, and well-being of you and those we serve – we care. What you do at McKesson matters. We foster a culture where you can grow, make an impact, and are empowered to bring new ideas. Together, we thrive as we shape the future of health for patients, our communities, and our people. If you want to be part of tomorrow’s health today, we want to hear from you.
Innovation Program Manager
Team: Strategic Innovation & Business Development
Las Colinas, Texas (Dallas/Irving)
McKesson’s Corporate Strategy & Business Development (CSBD) strategic innovation arm, Strategic Innovation & Business Development (SIBD) is seeking to add a high-performing, results-driven Strategic Insights Manager, who will have the opportunity to support the design, test and launch of enterprise-wide growth pilots. The role will report to the Sr. Director, Strategic Innovation & Business Development.
- Ideation and Insights Generation:
- Conduct stakeholder interviews, internal and external research to surface critical insights that help identify and prioritize new focus areas
- Identify and define problems using design thinking and continuous discovery techniques
- Support pipeline generation and prioritization of innovation focus areas
by developing and maintaining frameworks to identify, and structure workstreams
- Build, test, and launch Innovation workstreams:
- Assist with defining project scope, design proof of concepts, and work with internal and external partners to implement
- Actively work with the Senior Director to develop, review, and monitor initiative progress against critical success factors and metrics
- Business Case and Investment Pitch:
- Develop business analyses, analytical frameworks, and financial analyses to support innovation work streams
- Develop the required materials to communicate the investment pitch
to senior stakeholders and funding committees
- Project Management:
- Manage process improvement to accelerate innovations
- Communicate with the project team and stakeholders, monitor and track progress, risks, and issues to ensure that the project stays on track, and escalate issues and risks to the senior director or project lead
- Team Operations:
- Take ownership of administrative functions related to budget, invoices, project timelines, and other team activities such as team charter and scorecard
- Collaborate across the company to create tools and templates, formalizing best practices and enabling teams to act with speed
- Typically, 3-5 years of experience in business model innovation, management consulting, design thinking/ human centered design, program, or product management
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen, and familiarity with developing financial models
- Experience supporting build and launch of high-impact innovation projects or products
- Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Self-starter mindset with a bias toward action
- Effective communication and presentation skills, MS Office suite skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Outlook, etc.)
- Highly collaborative with solid attention to detail
- Practical experience working in matrix environments across functional and product development & commercial teams a plus
To be successful in this challenging and high-impact role, the successful candidate will have the following:
- Demonstrated learning agility in new subject areas, including emerging technologies, trends, and a solid working knowledge of the stakeholders in healthcare
- Experience building and obtaining approval for business cases related to pilot projects
- Strong passion for innovation, emerging technology, and analytics across the healthcare ecosystem
- Experience in project management and product / program management
- Driving complex company, customer, and market analyses with a high tolerance for ambiguity and willingness to adapt. Comfort with uncertainty and ability to navigate complex situations with competing priorities is critical to success
- Results driven; ability to deliver high-quality work products and work independently
- Ability to synthesize information and communicate clearly and concisely in both oral and written formats
- Contribute to the strength of our team’s culture and community and exemplifying McKesson’s ILEAD and I2CARE principles
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in scientific, business, or another relevant field (MBA preferred)
General office demands. Occasional travel (~20%) .
Must be authorized to work in the US. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
Please note: This role is not budgeted for corporate relocation package.
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That’s why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to supportphysical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, pleaseclick here.
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.
Our Base Pay Range for this position$70,500 - $117,500
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
How we work and live plays a big role in building a healthier world. View our wide range of health benefits, financial benefits, wellness programs, and flexible working schedules.
Ready for the next step? We’ll guide you along the journey of our hiring process.
Culture and Values
Advancing health outcomes for all — this is the foundation of how we interact with customers, business partners, and each other. Meet the team and learn more about our mission.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Our culture is built around diverse perspectives because everyone’s unique story, experiences, and ideas are valued here.
- Lead Material Handler Chino, California 02/29/2024
- Pharmacy Coordinator Surrey, Canada 02/27/2024
- Pharmacy Technicians Jeffersonville, Indiana 02/27/2024
- Software Engineer Louisville, Kentucky 03/01/2024
- Training & Change Management Specialist, Talent Acquisition Alpharetta, Georgia 03/01/2024
You haven't viewed any jobs yet.View available opportunities
You haven't saved any jobs yet.View available opportunities