Entra Identity EngineerIrving, Texas
What makes a successful Entra Identity Engineer? Here are the top traits.
- Technologically Savvy
- Visual Thinker
Make an impact by using your problem-solving skills to assure maximum “uptime” for our products and a smooth experience for our customers, while maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
Monitor and analyze insights on the next steps of improving care through our evolving data and technology tools.
solutions that help break down affordability barriers to improving distribution that helps maintain drug efficacy, you’ll play a key role in shaping a global industry.
Coverage you can rely on
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Health Spending Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Benefits that go beyond your base pay
- 401(k) (U.S.)
- Pension (Canada)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Support for total well-being
- Mental Health Programs
- Flexible Schedules
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Education Reimbursement
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Flexible Work Environment
A global leader of inclusion
McKesson’s commitment to diversity and inclusion starts at the top. We have also been named a Best Employer for Diversity by Forbes.
McKesson is an impact-driven, Fortune 10 company that touches virtually every aspect of healthcare. We are known for delivering insights, products, and services that make quality care more accessible and affordable. Here, we focus on the health, happiness, and well-being of you and those we serve – we care. What you do at McKesson matters. We foster a culture where you can grow, make an impact, and are empowered to bring new ideas. Together, we thrive as we shape the future of health for patients, our communities, and our people. If you want to be part of tomorrow’s health today, we want to hear from you.
Job title: Entra Identity Engineer
Work Location: Irving, TX / The Woodlands, TX / Alpharetta, GA / Jacksonville, FL / Richmond, VA / Columbus, OH
Minimum Exp: 4+yrs
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Analyze, design, implement, and support the hybrid on-prem and cloud Active Directory environment and Azure Active Directory/Entra ID.
- Collaborate with business and technical partners to integrate systems and applications with centralized authentication such as Active Directory or Azure Active Directory/Entra ID.
- Provide subject matter knowledge and expertise on Active Directory, Azure Active Directory/Entra ID and Okta Active Directory synchronization.
- Support and maintain Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) environments and Entra ID Enterprise Applications.
- Collaborate closely with global cross-functional teams to ensure the stability, scalability, and security of the Active Directory and Azure Active Directory/Entra ID environments and Okta. Actively participates in discussions on all aspects of identity and access management.
- Implement security baselines and recommended security best practices on centralized authentication platforms such as Active Directory and Azure Active Directory/Entra ID.
- Perform regular health checks and proactively identify and resolve issues to avoid negative impacts to production systems.
- Continually monitor the performance and capacity baselines of the authentication platforms and recommend and implement enhancements.
- Lead response and resolution of complex, high severity incidents
- Lead regular reviews of deployed infrastructure, develop detailed architecture, and create and update new technical documentation and Standard Operating Procedures. (SOP)
- Analyze the current authentication services platforms to identify both technical and operational opportunities for enhancements and develop continuous improvement action plans.
- Discover opportunities to automate existing manual processes and introduce new automation to enhance security posture and remove manual efforts through automated solutions using scripts, pipelines etc.
- Actively seeks to research innovations in IT security as well as IAM technologies and service and strives to ensure McKesson continues to deliver best practices and standards.
- Provide on-call support as needed for operational continuity of Identity platforms.
- Support requests for audit and any required remediation activities.
Key skills required:
- Proven experience as a Senior Active Directory/Entra ID Engineer or similar role with minimum 4 years of experience
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory, Azure Active Directory/Entra ID, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol, Active Directory Federation Services and other centralized identity stores.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Azure and familiarity with IAM permissions on Management Groups, subscriptions and resources.
- Provide expert knowledge of Azure Active Directory/Entra ID capabilities such as Conditional Access Policies, Privileged Identity Manager and Application Registrations
- Expert knowledge of Active Directory attributes, LDAP Queries, PowerShell Scripting, Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), Group Policy Object (GPO) analysis, configuration and item-level targeting, active directory replication, Active Directory backup and restore as well as certificate installation.
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server operating systems and Active Directory/Azure Active Directory/Entra ID services
- Expert knowledge of PowerShell scripting with proven experience implementing automation including experience utilizing APIs such as Microsoft Graph.
- Strong knowledge of Single-Sign On and authentications protocols such as SAML & OIDC
- Expert knowledge of security best practices for Active Directory and Azure Active Directory/Entra ID
- Expert knowledge with directory synchronization tools, such as Azure Active Directory/Entra ID Connect and Okta Active Directory integration.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work well under pressure.
- High-energy, detail-oriented, proactive, and able to handle multiple high-priority demands while driving consistent results.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
Other requirements: Candidate must be ready to work on rotational shifts
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That’s why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to supportphysical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, pleaseclick here.
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.
Our Base Pay Range for this position$110,000 - $183,300
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!