Benefits & Rewards
Health & Wellness
We encourage our employees to inspire better healthcare by practicing better health for themselves. We believe that when our employees are healthy, they enjoy life more and do their best work. Our employees have access to a wellness program, Vitality, which is one of the ways McKesson supports our employees’ efforts to get and stay healthy. As employees and their families participate in healthy activities, such as walking 10,000 steps per day or getting preventive health screenings, they can earn rewards (gift cards, fitness tracking devices, etc).
McKesson provides an environment where healthy choices are at employees’ fingertips. All of our onsite cafeterias offer “better-for-you” dining options with items such as brown rice, grilled chicken, and reduced fat cheese. Smart snacks such as carrot sticks, baked chips and pretzels are offered to help employees meet their nutritional goals. Employees can also take advantage of discount programs with fitness centers to burn a few extra calories before work, at lunch, or whatever time best meets their schedule.
Our employees have the opportunity to take advantage of the following health and wellness resources:
- Free Biometric screening
- Gym discounts (through Vitality participation)
- Free activity tracker linked to our wellness program incentives
- Weight Watchers
- Quit for Life (smoking cessation program)
- Flu shots
Compensation & Retirement
McKesson believes that superior performance – individual and team - helps us drive innovations and solutions that promote better health for all and should be recognized and rewarded. We believe our competitive compensation program helps to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, gives employees the opportunity to share in ownership of the company, and remains flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
When you accept a job with McKesson, you have access to:
- Competitive compensation based on responsibility, experience, skills, competencies and market rates for similar positions.
- The McKesson Corporation Profit-Sharing Investment Plan is a 401(k) plan that offers you a convenient way to save for a secure financial future.
- Purchase shares in the company through our Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
McKesson’s training and development group, the McKesson Center for Learning (MCL), provides continued learning opportunities for our employees. Employees are encouraged to use this rich resource to keep their skills current, expand their own knowledge and prepare themselves for the next step in their careers. Since we understand that not all employees are able to take advantage of the in-person classes, employees may also take advantage of a library of thousands of online technical and business resources (learning modules, videos, online books, etc.).
In addition to the courses offered by MCL, employees may receive specific Business Unit or job function-related training throughout their careers.
McKesson also supports employees’ desire to further their education through external continuing education opportunities:
- Educational assistance program, which provides financial assistance to employees who want to further their education to enhance their competencies and career growth within the company.
- Discounted tuition costs and shorter time to degree completion through McKesson’s partnership with Kaplan University.