Director, Systems & Tools(Tower Lead)Apply Job ID JR0063403 Date posted 09/01/2022
The Systems & Tools Tower Lead – owns the execution of security operations including vulnerability & patch management across a complex IT landscape (Network, Compute, Cloud). This role partners with other MT functions, Business Units, and MSPs to optimize enterprise monitoring/tooling/automation to maintain the availability, performance, and security posture of critical infrastructure and applications to the McKesson enterprise.
- Responsible for all aspects of operational security including the planning and execution of vulnerability & patch management deployment across a complex IT landscape (network, server & cloud) ensuring compliance to both McKesson ISRM and industry security standards.
- Serves as key contact for day-to-day communications between SOC, MSPs, and IT Operations.
- Oversees the execution of scheduled security and network and firewall rule changes in accordance with corporate ISRM policy and change management processes.
- Owns enterprise monitoring/tooling/automation platforms. Drives enterprise tooling adoption and manages the overall monitoring, alerting capacity/performance capability for IT infrastructure and applications.
- Partners with other MT functions, Business Units, and MSPs to drive continuous improvement and harmonize operational processes/tooling/automation to deliver operational excellence, efficiency, and value to McKesson Business Units.
- Conducts regular reviews; produces dashboard performance metrics on enterprise patching & vulnerability KPIs / SLAs.
- Facilitates timely resolution of operational/security/infrastructure issues to minimize the impact of service disruptions on the business units.
- Identifies, develops, and implements automation opportunities for enterprise monitoring, incident response, patch deployment, and provisioning activities.
- Works proactively to identify audit and compliance-related issues to reduce the risk of security exposures on the support systems and implement improvements.
- Analyzes existing solutions/tooling, streamlines processes, and recommends upgrades to services to improve end-user experience and productivity.
- Collaborates with ISRM, MT Teams, and Business Unit stakeholders to promote a secure-by-design culture within multidisciplinary teams, agile ways of working, and continuous improvement.
Leads Security Tools & Automation Team
- Create a vision, clear direction, and strategy for the team.
- Establish, manage, and coach team to clear objectives and performance expectations.
- Attract, motivate, develop, and retain a highly-skilled workforce.
- Constantly monitor and improve team efficiency, effectiveness, and impact.
- Lead and enable enterprise-wide thinking in the team.
- Create an environment that values employees and encourages cooperation, open communication, and teamwork.
- Serve as a role model by demonstrating a commitment to McKesson i2CARE & iLEAD values, high-performance standards, workplace diversity, and driving results.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field is preferred, or 10+ years’ experience
- 7 or more years of experience working in IT infrastructure services and operations environment
- Excellent negotiating skills and demonstrated skills in managing shared services team
- Preferably five or more years of experience in large, cross-functional teams influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders across the organization and within complex contexts.
- Previous experience in managing enterprise monitoring/observability/ tools/platforms.
- Prior experience implementing advanced service management capabilities, IT operations & enterprise monitoring technology platforms within ServiceNow Service Management, Operations Management & Integration Hub
- Strong verbal and written communication ability with customers, senior-level management, and organizations throughout the company.
- Proven Experience in driving continuous improvement to harmonize and optimize best-in-class adoption of enterprise monitoring, tooling & automation platforms. Experience in building and implementing service improvement strategies and advancing operational maturity.
- Process skills: an understanding of process costs, ability to work with the supplier to ensure effective operations and agreed upon service levels
- Ability to lead, coach, develop, and mentor high-performing teams and ability to influence in a regulated, corporate enterprise environment.
General Office Demands
Travel = up to 20%
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That’s why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to supportphysical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, pleaseclick here.
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.
Our Base Pay Range for this position$125,100 - $208,500
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!