Senior Manager, Strategic Marketing (Remote)Apply Job ID JR0063416 Date posted 09/08/2022
WORKING AT MCKESSON
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. In the Specialty Provider business segment, we have a vision —that the long-term vibrancy of community care will be achieved through the leadership of physicians committed to clinical excellence and innovation, enabled by close collaboration with our organization and our deep clinical, operational and technological expertise. Through our distribution of specialty drugs and portfolio of solutions that span the full continuum of specialty patient care we help practices advance the management and quality of care. Every single McKesson employee contributes to this mission. As a McKesson employee, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. You’ll collaborate on the activities that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all. Join our team to begin a rewarding career.
The Senior Manager Strategic Marketing develops and executes on the strategic marketing roadmap that demonstrates how McKesson’s and The US Oncology Network’s products and solutions help physicians better manage their business to remain strong, profitable and independent. You serve as a trusted marketing advisor to Specialty Provider business teams, helping them drive profitable growth by effectively telling the story of our purpose, our approach, what we do and the value we deliver through our solutions. You love to strategize and get stuff done. The ideal candidate will determine the big-picture marketing strategies to deepen provider engagement through the products and solutions you support. You get in the trenches to create compelling content, execute campaigns, maximize engagement and leverage communication channels focusing on answering the question “how can marketing accelerate growth and retention.” You enjoy being part of a collaborative team with a strong sense of purpose. Simply put, good is not defined by the quantity of content created, but the impact to our business and our customers. You’re a senior-level individual contributor who reports to the Director Strategic Marketing. You work without considerable direction, and you anticipate change, appropriately redirecting your efforts when needed. You lead critical activities and resolve complex problems that frequently require you to use your creativity. You help develop and implement yearly marketing plans, partner closely with the Specialty Provider Marketing team and stakeholders to maintain alignment and report the impact of your activities.
Maintain Specialty Provider Solution Portfolio Positioning and Differentiated Messaging (20% FTE)
• Serve as the “chief marketing officer” for the products and solutions you support by maintaining and consistently innovating the benefits-focused positioning and messaging of our value proposition to specialty providers and their practices with an acute focus on accelerating growth and improving customer retention
• Collaborate with Specialty Provider Market Intelligence and Commercialization team to:
o Drive a united perspective on how to evolve our portfolio and your marketed solutions based on your deep understanding of our customer needs, their engagement with our solutions and the competitive landscape
o Support the launch and downstream marketing of new solutions, as needed S
• Act as the internal champion for coordinated promotions to specialty practices, connecting the dots to tie together our various marketing efforts across all teams and channels
Create Content & Promotions to Showcase the Value of Our Solution Portfolio (50% FTE)
• Develop and execute on promotions for the products and solutions you support that increase prospect demand and customer “stickiness” and satisfaction, tailoring to our target audiences (e.g., Oncology, Neurology, Ophthalmology, Rheumatology and Gastroenterology)
• Produce a cohesive and compelling marketing strategy for the products and solutions you support connecting the dots to other solutions and our overall value proposition through o Thought leadership (e.g., white papers, webinars, articles) o Sales support (e.g., slides, sell sheets, emails) o Proof of value (e.g., testimonials, case studies, eBooks) o Lead generation and other innovative strategies
• Proactively update existing promotional material to keep it fresh and relevant • Measure our ability to increase providers’ awareness and use of our products and solutions, in partnership with the other teams, to improve marketing efforts
Build Strong Alignment with Stakeholders to Improve Customer Growth, Retention and Experience (20% FTE)
• Become an integrated member of business teams and the sales organization – including participating in team calls and meeting 1:1 – to understand strategic priorities, gain insights about customers, and optimize marketing efforts:
o Demonstrate a clear point of view with actionable and strategic recommendations on how marketing can help the business achieve scorecard priorities
o Gather feedback on messaging, effectiveness of promotions, need for additional marketing support, etc.
o Update teams on upcoming promotions, highlight results of completed activities, etc.
o Gain status updates on product roadmaps/other initiatives to plan ahead
o Identify opportunities to promote our thought leadership, expertise and innovation
o Solicit, obtain, and promote customer references and success stories
o Provide insights and alternative approaches to problems teams are trying to solve
• Work with Sales Enablement on any activities that convey the value of the products and solutions you support (e.g., customer QBRs, RFPs, sales training & playbooks, internal newsletters, etc.)
Effectively Support Marketing Team on Projects as Assigned (10% FTE)
• Work with Specialty Provider Marketing leadership and other stakeholders to understand project goals and their alignment with business priorities, and facilitate input from field-facing teams, subject matter experts, Legal, Compliance, and others. Examples may include:
o Support research activities on customer needs and experience
o Collaborate on enhancing customers’ experience with McKesson touchpoints (e.g., events, customer experience, digital)
o Partner with other marketing teams in Pharmaceutical Solutions and Services, Medical Surgical or Corporate to cross-promote our offerings, adopt product marketing best practices, etc.
SKILLS & EDUCATION
• Typically has 7+ years of professional marketing experience
• Healthcare industry experience, preferably with healthcare providers
• Minimum 3+ years’ experience developing business-to-business marketing plans and executing activities that achieve revenue goals (e.g., product launch go-to-market, product marketing campaigns, branding, content marketing, lead generation, etc.)
• Excellent communicator and writer who succinctly and effectively gets your point across
• People-savvy collaborator with the confidence to manage stakeholders and the polish to routinely interact and influence an executive-level audience
Additional Knowledge & Skills
• Experience successfully managing high-visibility projects in a complex, matrix organization
• Enjoy the challenge of handling shifting priorities and meeting aggressive deadlines in a fast-paced marketing environment while constantly striving for excellence
• Strong critical thinking, analytic and problem-solving skills
• Attention to detail, solid organizational skills and proactive project management
• Ability to act independently with sound business judgement
• Ability to serve as an inclusive leader who motivates and develops their team
• Flexibility to take on different roles and duties as required
• Proficient with Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills
• Sales and Marketing automation system experience (e.g., Salesforce.com, Marketo)
• Vendor sourcing and management experience
• Experience in business development, account management and/or sales would be an asset
• Knowledge of company products and services Education
• 4-year degree in Marketing, Business or related field or equivalent experience
Salary-101,200.00 - 134,900.00 - 168,600.00 USD Annual (Target
• General Office Demands
• Travel up to 20%
LOCATION • The Woodlands, TX
For Internal Use Only
- Career Level: P4
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That’s why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to supportphysical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, pleaseclick here.
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.
Our Base Pay Range for this position$101,200 - $168,600
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!