Lead, Software Engineer - US RemoteApply Job ID JR0070731 Date posted 09/21/2022
Join the fight against cancer.
Lead, Software Engineer
Backed by the strength of a Fortune 9 company (McKesson Corporation), Ontada® develops technologies used by the oncology community to deliver evidence-based, personalized care, as well as insights used by biopharma companies to accelerate drug development and support the entire treatment journey. We help Oncology providers make data-driven decisions, so patients have the best treatment options. Together with our partners, we are fighting against cancer and changing the lives of cancer patients.
As a Lead, Software Engineer at Ontada, you’ll work with the technical architect, manager, and business stakeholders in understanding the business needs and writing quality code that aligns with the product roadmap in an agile environment. As a member of the product team, you will architect, design, and develop highly scalable and secure software using agile practices, interact with business partners, service providers and third-party vendors and take part in different phases of the software development lifecycle.
You’ll get to bring your creativity to a team that’s fast-paced, continuously evolving, and vital to our mission of providing the best cancer care for patients.
What You Will Do:
- Direct the development team in design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of the application
- Work closely with product stakeholders to understand business requirements and help translate these into technical requirements for the development team
- Design and implementing low-latency, highly available, and performant applications
- Mentor junior team members and ensuring they adhere to determined software quality standards
- Monitor the code and overall application to maintain seamless performance and adherence to key quality metrics and SLAs
What You Will Bring:
- 7+ years of professional experience in a software engineering role
- 5+ years of professional experience with Python programming
- Experience developing application code and unit tests with Angular and RESTful Web Services
- 3+ years of experience with at least one Python web framework (Django, Flask, Pyramid)
- 5+ years of experience with NoSQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, or Oracle
What Will Help You Excel?
- Experience working in healthcare
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Familiarity with cloud services and containerization
- Applied knowledge of cloud computing (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Knowledge of industry CI/CD frameworks using code source control tools like GitHub or Bitbucket
- Generous salary with bonus opportunities
- Medical, dental, and vision plans with the opportunity for generous discounts through our Vitality partner
- 3+ weeks of paid time off a year to spend however you want plus 12 paid holidays
- Up to 14 weeks of paid parental leave and 5 - 10 days of paid care and bereavement leave
- Over $5,000 annually for third-party education or certifications
- Ontada contributes a percentage of your total 401k contributions each year towards your retirement fund
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That’s why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to supportphysical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, pleaseclick here.
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.
Our Base Pay Range for this position$138,000 - $230,000
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!