Sr Manager, Data Product SolutionsApply Job ID JR0073549 Date posted 09/23/2022
McKesson requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests.
McKesson Corporation is a global leader in healthcare supply chain management solutions, retail pharmacy, community oncology and specialty care, and healthcare information solutions. McKesson partners with pharmaceutical manufacturers, providers, pharmacies, governments and other organizations in healthcare to help provide the right medicines, medical products and healthcare services to the right patients at the right time, safely and cost-effectively. United by our ICARE shared principles, our employees work every day to innovate and deliver opportunities that make our customers and partners more successful - all for the better health of patients. McKesson has been named a “Most Admired Company” in the healthcare wholesaler category by FORTUNE, a “Best Place to Work” by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, and a top military-friendly company by Military Friendly. For more information, visit www.mckesson.com.
We take pride in our culture of connection and believe in a workplace where everyone can be their full, authentic self. We welcome and encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities and others with diverse perspectives to join our growing team. Your unique perspective and experience are valuable assets that can translate into a rewarding career path with us. Apply to join our team and help shape the future of healthcare
We are searching for a Sr Manager Data Product Solutions in the Scottsdale AZ areato join our team.
This position will be a key contributor to our McKesson Access & Adherence Data Warehouse team. This leadership role will be responsible for managing client/business requirements and expectations along with technical delivery of data products. The ideal candidate has a comprehensive understanding of reporting and data engineering, enterprise data management frameworks, concepts and best practices and the ability to share that knowledge and mentor a team of data analysts and engineers.
- Lead, mentor, guide, and grow a team of talented engineers and analysts to deliver products with high quality, on time delivery and designed to meet the needs of the business
- Understand how end users leverage data throughout the organization, considering the perspective of Operations, Client Management, Business Intelligence and Data Science and recommend solutions to improve data availability and ease of use.
- Regularly communicate the status of team initiatives to IT leadership, clients and business partners.
- Participate and collaborate in design reviews to communicate high-level approaches with team members to validate strategic client and business needs are met and established processes are followed.
- Provide evaluations, analysis, and recommendations for system enhancements, performance optimization techniques, and development methodology advancements.
- Stay up to date on the features and functions of our data platforms, understanding and able to speak to the technical capabilities regarding Data Warehousing, Master Data, Data Privacy, Data Masking and Data Migration.
- Ensure that team is tracking and communicating team capacity and velocity. Serve as a coach to help business stakeholders and team prioritize work within team capacity
- Typically has 9+ years of professional experience and 2+ years of management experience.
- Experience managing teams in complex environments with legacy systems
- Strong, hands-on experience as a data engineer or report developer working with relational databases and dashboarding tools such as Snowflake, Oracle, MySQL, Qlik, Tableau, SQL Server, etc.
- Understanding of Data Integration/ETL tools and concepts, with the ability to guide discussions with a highly technical team on design approach
- Experience working with cloud and modern data platforms such as Azure, Google Cloud, Snowflake, etc., understanding of both cost and architecture.
- Experience with driving data engineering projects
- Experience working in a SAFe/Agile team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with the ability to present complex technical ideations to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Exceptional time management skills with the capacity to manage several tasks at once and prioritize accordingly to meet project and task deadlines.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- People management experience
- Experience with developing data completeness and unit test plan procedures.
- Experience working with business partners to ensure that the technical solution meets the business needs
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!