Sr. Global Strategic Sourcing SpecialistApply Job ID JR0074450 Date posted 09/12/2022
McKesson requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests.
Our McKesson Brands Owned Brand business is seeking a Sr. Global Strategic Sourcing Specialist to join our team in Richmond, VA.
The McKesson Brands Sr. Global Strategic Sourcing Specialist provides strong sourcing and supplier management focused on select product categories within the medical channel. This cross-functional individual contributor is directly responsible for annual purchases of approximately $15-20M in support of McKesson Medical-Surgical’s Owned Brands program (McKesson Brands). This individual will operate as the primary point-of-contact with suppliers - interacting with senior management and supplier personnel on matters requiring coordination across organizational lines without considerable direction. This position will require creative problem-solving and significant collaboration with other team members within the McKesson Product Strategy and Supplier Partnerships (PSSP) organization, particularly the Product Development team.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key Suppliers partners-- domestically and internationally
- Support business leadership teams by understanding their product category strategies and delivering commensurate sourcing strategies that add value to McKesson
- Identify creative sourcing strategies to achieve business requirements
- Seek out vendor research and market intelligence for assigned projects
- Maintain Industry knowledge, manage supplier relationships, and drive supplier improvement projects
- Proactively leverage risk management practices that protect McKesson from supply interruptions and other unanticipated risks through due diligence, contract negotiations, and supplier management
- Evaluate and invite qualified suppliers to participate in various product and business reviews
- Ensure suppliers uphold appropriate service levels based on business requirements for effective performance and within contractual agreements
- Collaborate with suppliers to identify opportunities to reduce cost in the system
- Award business to the supplier(s) that best fit the criteria established by the Product Development Manager
- Conduct and finalize terms and conditions of Supply Agreement with selected suppliers
- Work collaboratively with other global sourcing colleagues to share best practices and procurement process improvements
Minimum Job Qualifications:
College degree. Typically requires 3+ years of sourcing, product development, category management, or business development sourcing experience.
- 3+ years professional Sourcing experience (Global Sourcing preferred)
- Past supplier partnership experience, including professional and persuasive interactions with suppliers in a negotiation setting
- Ability to effectively collaborate with a range of counterparts including Product Development, Category Management, Finance, Legal, Compliance, Inventory Management, Marketing, and Sales
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and perform under tight deadlines
- Understanding of domestic and international supply chain dynamics
- Thorough product knowledge of medical-surgical portfolio preferred
- Strong communication, presentation, and analytical skills required
Additional Skills and Qualifications
- Private label experience a plus
- Strong negotiations experience
- Experience managing a P&L and demonstrated financial acumen
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Traditional office environment
- ~10-15% including international/overseas travel
(This description is general in nature and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned as needed to meet company goals.)
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!