Senior Category Development ManagerApply Job ID JR0074777 Date posted 09/21/2022
McKesson’s Medical-Surgical team (a $10 billion dollar division of a top employer in healthcare), is seeking a Sr. Category Development Manager to support our incontinence division in Richmond, VA or Jacksonville, FL. In this role, you will develop and execute strategies to drive revenue and margin growth for an assigned portfolio. Analysis, communication, problem solving, collaboration, project management, and relationship management are daily aspects of the role.
We think of our suppliers as customers, and we’re driven by their satisfaction and our results. In this role, you can expect lots of variety – no two days are alike – and an inherently cross-functional and collaborative structure. Our cohesive teams are all about winning together. If you’re passionate about strategy, relationship-building, and driving growth, we’d like to hear from you.
Ideal candidates will be:
Analytical and comfortable with data - we make great decisions by analyzing a situation before we act.
Natural project managers – pulling teams together to get across the finish line is crucial to our success.
Big-picture thinkers – we look at things with a broad scope, but don’t lose sight of the details.
Curious and inquisitive
- Lead largest and most strategic categories with complex supplier relationships and significant revenue impact.
- Analyze current category performance including revenue growth, profitability, supplier performance, supply chain, and customer segments.
- Gather insights about the category including competitive market factors, customer demand trends, industry issues and trends, and new/potential technologies.
- Develop strategy including product assortment, selling approach (digital presence, sales enablement, marketing), and pricing philosophy.
- Communicate, adjust, and execute strategy. This will include supplier negotiations, collaboration with many internal teams, and ongoing measurement and communication.
- Manage complex and dynamic long-term relationships with suppliers, acting as a lead point of contact for McKesson for suppliers to collaborate with other areas of the business.
- Lead contract negotiations and communicate the value of McKesson to suppliers.
Critical Skills -
- 9+ years of experience in planning, procurement, strategic sourcing, buying, cost reduction and contract negotiations within a supply chain organization (healthcare experience preferred but not required).
- Effective communication skills with a large variety of audiences, both internal and external.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office (Excel- Pivots, VLOOKUP's and PowerPoint).
- Experience managing multiple projects requiring frequent communication and problem solving.
- 4-year degree in business, finance, marketing, supply chain or related field preferred; or equivalent experience. HS diploma required.
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That’s why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to supportphysical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, pleaseclick here.
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.
Our Base Pay Range for this position$98,500 - $164,100
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!