Assistant Director of Operations - NY Metro Distribution CenterApply Job ID JR0078815 Date posted 03/01/2023
Relocation assistance is available for an internal hire
We are currently recruiting for the Assistant Director of Operations for the US Pharma NY Metro Distribution Center.
How you’ll make a difference:
Responsible for all operational activities in a large distribution center where there is automation, complexity, lines of throughput, inventory accountability, and exposure to risk/loss. Ensures operational activities are in alignment with profit and expense goals, while providing the highest possible service to the market customer base, ensuring compliance with corporate policies and government regulations, and providing a work-environment conducive to superior productivity, safety, quality and morale.
- Assist in the development of plans and programs to carry out local (corporate / regional) strategic initiatives
- Establish performance expectations and operations policies and standards for local staff to ensure superior customer service and optimum employee performance.
DC Operations Management:
- Understands, influences and directs local operations activities to ensure DC performance within ROCC, EBIT, and expense plans
- Establishes and maintains quality and productivity standards
Technical Operations Management & Government Compliance:
- Ensures DC’s compliance with all government and corporate regulations and reporting requirements including OSHA, DEA, CSMP, DOT, FDA, and corporate/regional safety directives and programs
- Directs the careful management of all local security programs to protect company assets and welfare of personnel
Human Resource Management:
- Responsible for consistent application of field HR policies/practices and ensuring employee/management relations support optimal team performance
- Ensures compliance with all government regulations and statutes in the area of employment, wage & hour, and EEO/AA
- Responsible for providing leadership and support for on-going training initiatives for management and employees including development of plans for professional development of local management staff
- Ensures the use of recruitment activities which result in the selection of qualified, superior candidates
- Directs staff to provide a work environment that fosters creativity, productivity, collaboration, and accountability
- Where applicable, maintains positive working relationships with bargaining unit representatives.
Customer Service Management:
- Leads local operations team in collaboration efforts with sales team to obtain profitable business and maintain superior customer service for existing customers.
- Ensures timely, secure, accurate deliveries of DC products/services to market customer base through the optimum deployment of courier/delivery resources within expense/profit target parameters
Financial/Credit/DEA Audit Management:
- Responsible for ensuring the DC’s financial/ARCOs performance is within or exceeds goals by ensuring accounting, budgeting, inventory, profitability, ARCOS, CSMP, and auditing practices of local personnel meet the standards established and monitored by DC management.
Computer Room Management:
- Directs management to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of all computer reports and operations in order to maintain smooth, uninterrupted service to the DC staff, sales team and customers.
Facility & Equipment Management:
- Directs staff to ensure that all interior and exterior building structures, security systems, sanitation facilities, grounds, parking areas, equipment, etc. are maintained cost effectively and conducive to smooth operations
- Typically has 9+ years of professional experience and 1+ years of supervisory and/or management experience
- Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years leadership experience overseeing team operations including tactical aspects of distribution operations including warehouse management, labor management, project management and financial management
- 5+ years change management experience creating and implementing continuous improvement to reduce costs, streamline processes or improve core operating competencies
- 5+ years’ experience managing managers and supervisors in a production or customer service environment
- 5+ years’ experience developing teams with diverse backgrounds including multi-cultural and multi-generational workforce; an emphasis on communication: training, team building, coaching/mentoring, interdepartmental interaction, leadership and supervision
- Ability to be on-call and work various hours to manage across the 24 hour work day within the distribution center
- Understand pharmaceutical supply chain operations from beginning to end.
- Leadership experience in a union environment a plus
- Six Sigma
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience
What’s in it for you:
- Rewarding career with a fortune 10 company that allows you to do great things for patients around the world
- Competitive pay and incentive programs
- Trendy new office space
- Diverse and Inclusive Collaborative environment
- Medical, Dental and Vision Health plans including a great Wellness plan that reduces your premium costs and encourages your best healthy self
- Health Fairs and free biometrics screenings
- Onsite Fitness Centers with locker rooms and outdoor trails near by
- Generous PTO and paid Holidays
- 401K with Company Match
- Career development, trainings, tuition reimbursement
- Additional discount programs and more!
Career Level – Manager – M3
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That’s why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to supportphysical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, pleaseclick here.
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.
Our Base Pay Range for this position$85,100 - $141,800
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!