Software EngineerApply Job ID JR0080374 Date posted 03/01/2023
Software engineers within CoverMyMeds Prescription Automation (a McKesson company) create, deploy, and support software for managing large, semi-automated pharmacies at sites across the US. Successful senior engineers understand the full software stack from low-level control of robots and conveyor systems, through controllers and databases, and up to UI and web services. Senior software engineers lead development of major new features and provide support for major customers. As part of Software Leadership, they set the direction for engineering methodologies including tools, testing, and processes.
Typically, requires 3+ years relevant experience.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- 3+ years’ experience as a Windows software developer
- Strong SQL, with Microsoft SQL Server and/or MariaDB/MySQL
- Expertise developing multi-threaded and distributed applications
- Strong experience in designing/writing high speed back end code in C# with ASP.NET and/or .NET Core, and MVC
- RESTful services
- Professional demeanor suitable for direct customer interactions
- Experience with software tools and methodologies such as Git, Jenkins, TDD, and automated testing
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Service oriented architecture (SOA) and/or Micro Services architectures, a plus
- Entity Framework (EF), Entity Framework Core (EF Core)
- Service Monitoring, Performance tuning and testing tools
- Web Technologies for UI (AngularJS, HTML5, React, etc)
- Desktop application development experience using WPF, WCF, MVVM design pattern
- Experience with hardware interfaces, including communication over sockets and serial interfaces
- Considerable problem-solving aptitude
- Comfort with basic Windows Workstation and Domain administration
- Networking knowledge, including VPNs and firewall configuration
- Experience with real-time controls/PLC systems and integration, especially Beckhoff
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or related discipline is desired.
General office demands
- Some evening and weekend work
- Remote an option for this position
Ability to travel up to 25% (travel is sporadic, might travel a few weeks in a row, then not again for a couple months)
Compensation & Benefits*
- Salary: $90,000 - $125,000 annually*
- Bonus: 10% annually
- Adaptable PTO
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with HSA options
- Company-funded basic life, AD&D, and disability coverage
- 401(k) plan options
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Family planning resources
*Actual base pay will be based on experience and qualifications
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That’s why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to supportphysical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, pleaseclick here.
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.
Our Base Pay Range for this position$102,400 - $170,600
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!