Sr. Manager, Software EngineeringApply Job ID JR0066412 Date posted 09/01/2022
McKesson Corporation is a global leader in healthcare supply chain management solutions, retail pharmacy, community oncology and specialty care, and healthcare information solutions. McKesson partners with pharmaceutical manufacturers, providers, pharmacies, governments and other organizations in healthcare to help provide the right medicines, medical products and healthcare services to the right patients at the right time, safely and cost-effectively. United by our ICARE shared principles, our employees work every day to innovate and deliver opportunities that make our customers and partners more successful - all for the better health of patients. McKesson has been named a “Most Admired Company” in the healthcare wholesaler category by FORTUNE, a “Best Place to Work” by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, and a top military-friendly company by Military Friendly. For more information, visit www.mckesson.com.
We take pride in our culture of connection and believe in a workplace where everyone can be their full, authentic self. We welcome and encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities and others with diverse perspectives to join our growing team. Your unique perspective and experience are valuable assets that can translate into a rewarding career path with us. Apply to join our team and help shape the future of healthcare
We are searching for a Senior Manager – Software Engineering in Irving, TX to join the team
Responsible for leading software product delivery teams that develop Enterprise Reporting and Analytics platform solutions using cutting edge technologies. The platform supports multiple business segments within McKesson and provides key customer insights and analytics.
The Sr. Manager will work closely with Data Engineering and Data Warehousing, Data Product and Finance, to build systems of intelligence empowering product development and enabling end-use/customer analytics.
A successful candidate will be a strong hands-on technology leader who will lead a team of architects, software engineers and automaton test engineers in an agile environment, provides architectural and technology guidance to design and develop world-class enterprise-level software applications for end-user and customer analytics.
The candidate will wear multiple hats as required to deliver software solutions in a timely and consistent manner with quality and on budget. The candidate will be a key player in driving software development best practices, participates in design and code reviews as needed, is proactive and provides delivery status, risks and concerns to leadership in a timely manner.
Works with other cross functional leaders to drive collaboration. Partners with product and business teams to establish platform priorities, review intake, leads impact assessments and provides cost and resource estimates for end-to-end software solution implementation.
Ensures platform and designs are security compliant, scalable, reliable, available, interoperable, and performant.
- The candidate should be an expert on various delivery methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, SAFe, Hybrid etc and support the best model that suits the organization needs
- Champion the needs of business teams, customers, engineers, and stakeholders throughout the development process; ensure what is delivered meets the original objectives, goals and KPIs
- The candidate should be a strategic thinker with a creative and customer first mindset that can partner and collaborate with key stakeholders across business segments, internal groups, and vendors
- This person will lead various projects and initiatives across multiple applications. Contribute to product milestones by solving most complex problems, through understanding dependencies in both in platform and software product(s).
- The candidate should maintain and grow a deep knowledge and functional expertise of the supported technology including industry best practices for enterprise development and deployment
- Attention to detail, stakeholder collaboration/communication, ability to create, document, and drive continuous improvement are essential
Qualifications Minimum Requirements:
- Degree or equivalent experience. Typically requires 9+ years of professional
experience and 1+ years of supervisory and/or management experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work with customers to prioritize issues & communicate status
- Self-starter, capable of seeing projects/fixes through to completion
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively across multiple deliverables
- Effective analytical, business analysis and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize/communicate conflicting demands
- Experience with leading and building high performing teams
- Maintain and grow a deep knowledge of the business and the stakeholder needs and constraints
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or other equivalent experience
- 5+ years' experience in Software development or related field required
- 10+ years' experience as a hands-on manager of app dev team
- 5+ years of experience providing business insight support for the executive team
- Deep knowledge of architecture and design patterns, data model, data governance
- Experience building out data strategy, Application software development team in a fast-evolving organization
- Focus on data driven decision making and learning by experimentation
- Experience leading large technical projects with partnership w/ data engineering
- Expertise with analytics tools, data visualization, SQL, analytics.
- Deep knowledge of data models, data governance, experimental design, and execution
- Strong ability to communicate complicated and nuanced insights in accessible language to relevant stakeholders
- Thrives in an environment of continuous change and complexity- can drive quality insights and deliver high impact projects
- Strong experience managing geographically distributed and high performing development teams (in Java/AWS environments).
- Proficient knowledge and use of Kubernetes, Azure/GCP/AWS, Java, CI/CD Cloud Infrastructure and Microservices.
- Demonstrated experience taking a driving role in building complex software products (in Java/React) that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Well versed in best practices of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, secure code coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Demonstrated innovation within a software team.
- Knowledge of database concepts and programming.
- Excellent oral and written communication and ability to articulate the design walkthrough with architects and discuss strategy/requirements with teams.
4-year degree in computer science, information systems or related field or 9+ years of equivalent experience
General Office Demands
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That’s why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to supportphysical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, pleaseclick here.
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.
Our Base Pay Range for this position$118,200 - $197,000
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!