Sr. Manager, Pricing and Business DevelopmentApply Job ID JR0079008 Date posted 11/21/2022
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payors, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting. We believe in the importance of strong, vital organizations because we know that patients can only be healthy when our system is healthy.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Wherever you contribute here at McKesson, you will have the ability to make a real impact in the lives of others.
Currently looking for a Sr. Manager of Pricing responsible for pricing and profitability assessment within the US Pharmaceutical business, specifically within the Sprint Health Systems customer segment. Individual will be responsible for managing Sprint customer pricing and profitability models and providing oversight on segment related initiatives such as generics expansion and other value-added services. This role will work closely with the sales organization in reviewing and responding to customer renewal and prospective proposals, working through negotiations of key economic terms and conditions of the supply agreement/MCF, and coordinate with the back-office operations to implement customer contracts/MCF’s. This role will also be responsible for monitoring customer profitability and collaborating with sales teams to optimize the value of our key customer relationships.
- Manage team and provide mentorship, guidance and career development opportunities.
- Act as Pricing representative in sales meetings. Meet regularly with segment AVPs, VP Finance and Pharma CFO to influence decision making and ensure business objectives are met.
- Develop price management framework and process to optimize value each customer relationship.
- Develop process for managing high volume of pricing requests as well as on-going monitoring, tracking and reporting.
- Collaborate with Gx team, sales team and other internal teams to work to increase transparency around and improve customer profitability.
Degree or equivalent experience. Typically requires 9+ years of professional experience and 1+ years of supervisory and/or management experience.
- Ability to develop relationships with business partners.
- Proven effectiveness as a creative problem solver; ability to challenge conventional approaches and think outside the box.
- Demonstrated results orientation and follow-through
- Highly motivated self-starter; ability to initiate and manage projects with minimal supervision
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Advanced knowledge of finance policies, practices and systems
- Experience in business-to-business pricing; pharmaceutical industry experience a plus
MBA preferred in finance or related field or equivalent experience
Additional certifications required or desired, if relevant.
General office demands.
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That’s why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to supportphysical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, pleaseclick here.
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.
Our Base Pay Range for this position$106,200 - $177,000
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!