Senior Director Digital Transformation - Buy sideApply Job ID JR0070907 Date posted 09/01/2022
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payors, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies, and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting. We believe in the importance of strong, vital organizations because we know that patients can only be healthy when our system is healthy.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Wherever you contribute here at McKesson, you will have the ability to make a real impact in the lives of others.
The Senior Director Digital Transformation - Buy side leverages their deep understanding of Information and Technology and their business acumen to assess how data and technology can enable business priorities for the Pharmaceutical Solutions and Services (PSaS) Manufacturer Relationships organizations. They build and execute plans to deliver technology and drive adoption to maximize value creation.
The SD DT is a "trusted advisor" to business executives, to establish and maintain value-driven, strategic relationships with all PSaS business partners managing buy side processes, and to proactively manage business demand. They link IT’s capabilities to business partners’ individual goals, and openly pursue these goals in a direct, constructive, but not aggressive, way.
They are challengers, not just relationship builders, so that they become “order shapers” rather than “order takers”. The SD DT teaches for differentiation, reframing the way business partners view their business and their needs. They focus on building constructive tension in interactions to push customers out of their comfort zone. They love to debate and are comfortable “pushing” their business partners.
- Works with business executives to align data and technology solutions with business strategies and contributes to the business unit strategic planning process
- Anticipates business needs and identifies and proposes IT products and services to fulfill those needs (including IT opportunity pipeline management and qualification, as well as the internal value modeling and proposing process)
- Manages portfolio of initiatives aligned to the business priorities and strategies and conducts monthly and quarterly portfolio reviews with the business
- Conducts business process analysis via business and process modeling aimed at transforming and improving business performance. Leverages process and task mining to discover, monitor, and improve real processes
- Facilitates the planning and execution of business changes using technology and leverages change management processes to drive adoption
- Partners with business executives to create technology roadmap to build competitive advantage and improve business performance
- Acts as a chief marketer and communicator of IT services and capabilities to promote an understanding of IT roles, processes, and activities to the business
- Measure, tracks and reports on ongoing IT performance and value delivery
- Identifies, manages, and resolves operational issues reported by business units as needed
- May assist in the development of service-level agreements (SLAs) or selection of vendors in accordance with IT standards
Typically requires 10+ years of relevant experience
- Extensive experience leading digital transformation within or working with drug manufacturer organizations
- Experience in strategic planning, business development, or client management
- Good knowledge of the health industry, pharmaceuticals, and major business processes and key performance indicators
- Broad understanding of the current and emerging technology trends and developments
- IT and business work experience with a broad range of exposure to various technical environments and business segments with special focus on complex buying and selling environments
- Experience with managing program with complex and large portfolio of initiatives
- Three or more years of experience with managing others
- Solid planning, financial and performance management skills
Additional knowledge & skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as an ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff
- Curiosity and creativity to connect dots across the enterprise to leverage existing capabilities
- Persuasion skills and ability to work through Influence
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information systems, or another related field or equivalent experience
Benefits & Company Statement
We believe you should be rewarded for the important work you do. For that reason, you'll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package when you join our team.
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission - whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That’s why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to supportphysical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, pleaseclick here.
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.
Our Base Pay Range for this position$149,600 - $249,400
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!