Executive Assistant - Audit & FinanceApply Job ID JR0078196 Date posted 11/14/2022
McKesson Corp is a Fortune 7 company and is one of the largest providers of medicines, pharmaceutical supplies and health information technology (IT) products and services in the United States with revenues of $208.4 billion in 2018. The company was founded in 1833 by John McKesson and Charles Olcott in New York with a focus on importing and wholesaling pharmaceutical products.
We’re in an era of unprecedented complexity in healthcare. Patient care is not where it should be. While many of the organizations delivering the care need to get much healthier, too. This is why our vision is to improve care in every setting — one product, one partner, one patient at a time. And we’re making this happen every day by touching virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with biopharma companies, care providers, pharmacies, manufacturers, governments and others to deliver the right medicines, medical products and healthcare services to the patients who need them, when they need them — safely and cost-effectively.
United by our ICARE values, our 78,000 employees work together every day to make better care possible for patients around the globe.
Provides broad and complex administrative support to two Senior Vice Presidents (Internal Audit and Investor Relations/Corporate FP&A) serving as an extension of the leaders in a manner that ensures the most efficient use of their time and maintains positive, effective and collaborative working relationships across the organization. This individual must be proactive, articulate, service-oriented, and able to learn preferences and anticipate needs. Also, must possess a flexible personality, be an energetic self-starter and be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage competing priorities. The successful candidate will also be able to manage through ambiguity and work through others to obtain information needed to problem-solve, meet deadlines to effectively support the leaders. Requires an extreme degree of confidentiality and independent judgment and discretion in administering information of a sensitive and critical nature to executive leaders, investors, and board committees.
McKesson’s Internal Audit department plans and execute the annual audit plan to assure controls and process are in place across the McKesson enterprise, including partnering with McKesson’s Executive Leadership, Legal, Compliance and Operations for all of the US, Canada and European operations. Investor Relations (IR) and Corporate FP&A department serves as the primary liaison to the investment community and internal business partners/executives for all IR activities. This organization also leads the company-wide financial forecasting, budgeting and reporting processes.
We are seeking a top caliber Executive Assistant to join as a key member of these teams.
The Executive Assistant supports the senior vice presidents (SVP) of Internal Audit and SVP of IR and Corporate FP&A, their teams and initiatives.
- Perform an extensive range of administrative tasks such as calendar management, expenses, coordination of complex international and domestic travel itineraries, meetings, event planning, etc.
- Coordination of meetings/calls/visits with executives
- Coordination with related board committees, corporate secretary’s office, investors and related executives
- Onboarding support for new hires
- Answer calls using multi-line phone system, relaying messages to intended recipient when necessary
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, energy, and independence
- Exercise excellent judgment and discretion when interacting with others and in managing confidential information
- Establish and maintain the contact details of all business contacts (internal and external)
- Produce and manage daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Facilitate internal communication (e.g. distribute information and schedule presentations)
- Provide support to visitors
- Coordinate, arrange, and run logistics for staff meetings and a variety of other meetings (quarterly BU reviews, manager meetings, department town halls, supplier and customer meetings, investor meetings, etc.) including preparing meeting materials ahead of time and logistics for participants
- Document, manage, and track meeting action items
- Establish direct internal and external relationships with key company influencers
- Maintain overall efficiency and accuracy of administrative processes and procedures
- Serve as lead and manage small projects
- Typically, minimum 0-2 years of relevant experience. May have degree or equivalent
- 10+ years advanced administrative support experience
- Flexibility and adaptability to work at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with investors and external contacts of the audit organization
- Able to prioritize assignments to meet deadlines, multi-task and work with different time zones
- Work is accomplished with little or no supervision - is given significant latitude in determining resolutions to work problems, anticipates change and directs or redirects efforts
- Proven capacity to exercise discretion and professionalism, and to maintain confidentiality and discretion to properly handle sensitive information
- Demonstrated ability to gracefully handle time-sensitive duties
- Direct experience dealing with sensitive and conflicting situations in a diplomatic manner; manage and de-escalate conflict appropriately, know when to delegate issues upward
- Possess strong business judgment and high ethical standards
- Demonstrated passion for learning new things, continuous improvement sharing best practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint, Teams, and Webex.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgement in a variety of situations, with excellent written and verbal communication, administrative, organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. Requires thorough knowledge of company operations, policies, and procedures. Handles details of a highly confidential and critical nature.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Executive presence
- Ability to anticipate needs and to be proactive
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Exhibit strong executive presence and possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to inspire confidence when interacting with a wide variety of internal and external contacts at all levels including extensive engagement with EOT, board committees and investors
- Bachelor degree, or equivalent experience
- Certified Administrative Professional perferred
General Office Demands
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That’s why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to supportphysical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, pleaseclick here.
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.
Our Base Pay Range for this position$31.39 - $52.31
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!