Salesforce Solutions ArchitectApply Job ID JR0065086 Date posted 09/01/2022
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payors, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting. We believe in the importance of strong, vital organizations because we know that patients can only be healthy when our system is healthy.
Current Need and Position Description
A Salesforce Architect is a trusted advisor and leader who partners with business stakeholders and executives to design a vision and architecture for a solution to a business problem. Often in the position of the technical team leader, they help educate the team with technical best practices. They also translate business needs to a technical vision that teams of low code or pro code builders can execute on. Architects also build proofs-of-concept (POCs) that teams can further iterate on. An architect will design the organization strategy and data model for a Salesforce implementation. They will put technical solutions in place for identity and access, implement data and process integrations, and design solutions that account for large data volumes and data privacy needs. They’ll also identify the optimal solution for a business requirement and recommend using clicks, code, or a combination of both depending on the business use case. As highly experienced problem solvers, architects are often the final escalation point for any production issues.
An architect can also act as an influencer. They are the trusted technology leader at the table and are often tasked with building buy-in for new solutions. While an architect might not know the answer to every question a business stakeholder might ask, they are experts on Salesforce product capabilities and can think quickly and act fast. Their soft skills allow them to understand all stakeholder needs and communicate with them in their language.
Evaluate functional and technical requirements on high impact and large complex projects that can span multiple software technologies. Responsibility includes defining architectural approach and development methods, process engineering, code review, and product demonstrations. Act as a point of contact and escalation for key product support. Ensure that systems are architected to consistency with technical best practices and business outcomes and is responsible for pushing back on predefined solutions that will not achieve long term success.
Ensure that DevOps environment is optimized and inclusive of security by design.
Lead and mentor Developer resources to refine development skills and architectural thinking.
Collaborate with other Architects to ensure enterprise standards.
- 8+ years in engineering Demonstrated experience in leading or mentoring others.
- Communication skills with the ability to work with various business and IT areas
- Ability to collaborate with different business and IT areas at different levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Salesforce.com experience is required .
- Salesforce cloud environment is required.
- Building apps using Service Cloud, Community Cloud, Health Cloud, Marketing Cloud as well as Salesforce platform.
- Multiple complex deployments with at least 2+ years on the Force.com platform as a lead architect, implementing Salesforce applications.
- Object-oriented design patterns (OOAD) with knowledge of platform-specific design patterns and limits.
- Integration patterns and experience with integration on the Force.com platform and IPAAS.
- Data migration and common ETL tools (Informatica Cloud or Dell Boomi or Mulesoft). and Building applications, including understanding in multiple technology stacks and Salesforce.
- Identify business requirements and requirements from the stakeholders on projects. Design configurable enterprise system based on requirements.
- Choose system architecture and each individual component.
- Help troubleshoot, resolve and track Salesforce end-user issues.
- Support architectural review and code-review.
- Help in creating unified development standards in the company.
- Control the architecture during the next iteration of the system release.
- Demo technical solutions for customers and users.
- Analyze new business processes and perform business process re-engineering.
- Knowledge of data modeling and clear understanding of data structures and relationships.
- Agile experience a plus but not required.
- Atlassian suite experience is desired.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/Information Systems or equivalent experience
General Office Demands
Benefits & Company Statement:
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer -minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.