Sr. Manager, Client RelationsApply Job ID JR0069322 Date posted 09/01/2022
McKesson requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests.
3PL Sr. Manager - Program Management Job Description
RxCrossroads by McKesson is looking for a Sr. Manager - Program Management, 3PL, to develop market strategy, provide leadership to other Program Managers, and directly manage strategic customer accounts. This role is responsible for enabling the long-term growth and success of our third-party logistic customers. Approximately 20% travel may be required.
The position is responsible for the relationship and success of approximately 25 customers within a given 3PL business unit. The Sr. Manager actively manages accounts and leads approximately 2-5 program managers to ensure the business unit’s strategic objectives are achieved. This role works cross functionally, within McKesson as well as externally with customers and business partners (domestic and international) to optimize the enterprise value stream.
The Sr. Manager will collaborate with the business development team to assist in new customer sales opportunities. This will entail active involvement in the RFP responses, customer site visits, quality audits and capability presentations.
The Sr. Manager will ensure McKesson’s ICARE / ILEAD values are upheld. This will entail developing a team of Program Managers to provide best in class service, while optimizing and creating sustainable / scalable business processes.
Key Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provides direct leadership to a team of program managers to support a high touch / white glove relationship with customer base (pharma)
- Actively manages strategic accounts
- Works to ensure world class, customer experience
- Develop and actively manage a business unit (or segment) budget, to meet financial objectives
- Allocates proper resources (people & financial) to support demand and growth trajectory
- Ensures (with measurement mechanisms) customer satisfaction and retention through consistent and productive customer engagement.
- Optimizes business processes to reduce lead times and eliminate defects, utilizing Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
- Utilizes data to evaluate situations and make appropriate recommendations regarding strategic activity, risk mitigation etc.
- Standardizes reporting mechanisms to ensure optimal clarity of results and customer satisfaction / alignment
- Manages cross functional projects on behalf of entire 3PL team, to improve alignment, eliminate barriers to success and identify synergy opportunities
- Responsible for managing, directing and developing a team of program managers, to scale core skills and develop strong succession plans
- Manages and remediates escalated matters with short term and long-term corrective action plans
- Actively interacts with Distribution Center, Credit, Inventory, Regulatory, Finance, IT, Quality, Legal, Call Center, and Implementation teams to ensure enterprise alignment and execution against KPI’s
- Manages team performance to ensure consistency and optimal service is provided
- Participates in sales presentations to and new business development opportunities to drive support growth objectives
- Stays abreast of and learns about all new technical applications, products, programs, and services available to customers to improve market offering and brand
- Participate in strategic customer meetings and ensure understanding of the near term needs and future strategy
- Develop customer management solutions in response to deficiencies in client services and/or operating processes
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis
Critical Skills / Experience
- 7+ years leading at team of large-scale program / account managers
- Prior leadership of a professional team of 3 or more
- Strong financial and pricing acumen
- Executive presence
- Demonstrated ability to use Lean / six sigma methodology
- Experience in a highly regulated environment
- Ability to service large complex customers
- Change management
- Project management (PMP preferred)
- Demonstrated ability building successful customer relationships
- Strategic problem solving and decision-making ability
- Strong communication skills (written, listening and speaking)
- Results and outcome focused
- Outstanding personal skills
- Ability to effectively manage conflict
- Contract administration
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite including intermediate Excel
- Ability to travel 20%
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Preferred industry experience: Third party logistics, drug distribution, PBM, insurance, banking, manufacturing
- Previous large-scale integration experience a plus
- ERP experience (SAP strongly preferred)
- Pricing/contracting/chargeback experience
- Business acumen and financial analytical skills
- Organization and management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well collaboratively in a team environment
- 4-year degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
Career Level – Manager – M3
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!