Patient Resource Coordinator / Social WorkerThe Woodlands, Texas Job ID JR0093037 Category Social Work Post Date Sep. 11, 2023
McKesson is an impact-driven, Fortune 10 company that touches virtually every aspect of healthcare. We are known for delivering insights, products, and services that make quality care more accessible and affordable. Here, we focus on the health, happiness, and well-being of you and those we serve – we care. What you do at McKesson matters. We foster a culture where you can grow, make an impact, and are empowered to bring new ideas. Together, we thrive as we shape the future of health for patients, our communities, and our people. If you want to be part of tomorrow’s health today, we want to hear from you.
- Provides information about & helps coordinate access to resources and services for patients, families, and/or caregivers, making appropriate referrals as needed.
- Completes patient forms when necessary (i.e. patient disability forms, indigent drug program, etc.).
- May administer psychosocial needs assessments, distress and depression screens to patients and families, and then forward the assessments needing evaluation to the appropriate, identified clinicians.
- Acts as a patient/family advocate in negotiating the health care system.
- Relays identified patient and family needs to medical team members.
- Documents all tasks in EMR accurately, appropriately, and timely.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with community agencies, health care organizations, and other providers to promote a broad base of support for patients and families.
Schedule: Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Compensation: $26.44 - $30.29/hr.
- 0-2 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree in social work from a school or program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
- 0-2 years’ experience preferred, working as a bachelor’s-prepared social worker in a healthcare setting, oncology experience desired.
Appropriate Texas state licensure required for bachelors-level social work.
- Demonstrates knowledge of age-specific differences in the patient population that include late adolescence, adulthood, middle age, and the elderly. This includes physiological, psychological, and developmental differences unique to each group.
- Must be able to work remote and have dedicated space for workstation and highspeed internet in place.
- Must have audio and camera capabilities for meeting with patients and families.
- Remote – work from home / monthly onsite required meetings in Woodland’s office unless out of region.
- Work schedule Mon – Fri, 40 hours/week
Career Level – IC – Professional – P1
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That’s why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to supportphysical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, pleaseclick here.
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.
Our Base Pay Range for this position$22.72 - $37.86
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
How we work and live plays a big role in building a healthier world. View our wide range of health benefits, financial benefits, wellness programs, and flexible working schedules.
Ready for the next step? We’ll guide you along the journey of our hiring process.
Culture and Values
Advancing health outcomes for all — this is the foundation of how we interact with customers, business partners, and each other. Meet the team and learn more about our mission.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Our culture is built around diverse perspectives because everyone’s unique story, experiences, and ideas are valued here.
- Comptable principal (hybride)/ Senior Accountant (Hybrid) Saint-Laurent, Canada 08/11/2023
- Sourcing Operations Associate London, United Kingdom 08/08/2023
- Delivery Professional - Bulk Truck Indianapolis, Indiana 09/20/2023
- Warehouse Worker - Full Time Clear Brook, Virginia 09/22/2023
- Warehouse Worker - Full Time Shifts Honolulu, Hawaii 08/22/2023
You haven't viewed any jobs yet.View available opportunities
You haven't saved any jobs yet.View available opportunities