MID (Medically Integrated Dispensing) Account ManagerTexas, Remote Job ID JR0100758 Category Client Relationship Post Date Oct. 25, 2023
McKesson is an impact-driven, Fortune 10 company that touches virtually every aspect of healthcare. We are known for delivering insights, products, and services that make quality care more accessible and affordable. Here, we focus on the health, happiness, and well-being of you and those we serve – we care. What you do at McKesson matters. We foster a culture where you can grow, make an impact, and are empowered to bring new ideas. Together, we thrive as we shape the future of health for patients, our communities, and our people. If you want to be part of tomorrow’s health today, we want to hear from you.
The Account Management Team ensures customer satisfaction by fostering customer and sales team unity and provides consulting and service support to the assigned customer accounts. As the MID business owner, the Account Manager works with the customer to understand their strategic vision and objectives within the customer organization while aligning McKesson products, offerings, and services to ensure those business objectives are achieved. The MID Sr. Account Manager acts as key triage point for assigned accounts and takes ownership of customer issues through resolution. This position works closely with the Oncology Account Executives, Optimization Consultants, Clinical Specialists, GPO Team and Implementation Team to ensure high-quality and consistent service level to their customers.
The position requires subject matter expertise in pharmacy workflow, management of systems, pharmacy operations, payor landscape as well as data analytics and credentialing. Keeps up-to-date knowledge of the industry, competition, and enhances awareness within the pharmacy and medically integrated dispensing segment. This position requires excellent communication, customer service, and follow-up skills along with relationship building.
Account Retention and Growth
- Strategizes, plans and executes on value add and strategic activities for existing customer base of pharmacies. Understands the practices’ business challenges, strategies and priorities and helps address those needs.
- Targets and sells MID value proposition and capabilities to community oncology practices without orals program in place.
- Understands and advises on practice processes, buying cycles and decision drivers as well as their current and future needs. Articulates ROI/value of products, services, offerings and solutions.
- Supports practice business growth, strategic planning, monitoring of progress, use of services products and growth solutions.
- Takes action to meet the needs and concerns of the practice and considers how actions or plans will affect practices; responds quickly to meet needs and resolve problems; avoids over commitments and sets reasonable expectations
- Establishes customer feedback systems and implements effective ways to monitor and evaluate concerns, issues, and satisfaction within each practice and to anticipate the practices’ needs
- Educates practices and shares information with practices to build their understanding of issues and capabilities; is regarded by the practice as the thought leader in this industry
- Establishes relationships with practices at multiple levels within the practice organization
- Assists practices with issue escalation and resolution
Financial and Business Acumen
- Monitors and reports pharmacy & dispensary business operations impacts on practice financial performance
- Creates and updates practice business plans, ROI analysis, and growth projections
- Understands and advises the practice’s decision drivers from their perspective (options available, financial benefit/costs) and the implications that buying decisions have on both McKesson and the practice
- Maintains knowledge of practice contracts (GPO, Payer, and other business impacting agreements)
- Draws upon knowledge of competitors and payers to communicate valuable insight on those issues that deliver results for both McKesson and the practice.
- Leverages practice successes and drug/payor trends
Regulatory Compliance & Credentialing Support
- Review credentialing and re-credentialing notification with practices
- Provide guidance and best practices to practices for the purpose of credentialing and re-credentialing
- Conduct credentialing and recredentialing tasks with practices
- Create credentialing timelines and completion action plans
- Document and maintain credentialing applications and documentation
- Escalate any issues and/or concerns to the MID Strategy team
Degree or equivalent and typically requires 4+ years of relevant experience
- 5+ years account management or pharmacy operations
- Experience in provider consulting, field sales, and/or product management
- Knowledge of pharmacy systems, pharmacy operations and pharmacy workflow
- Demonstrated experience in developing customer improvement plans
- Team collaboration/team player
- Effectively manage customer expectations in terms of service and issue resolution
- Develop a proficiency in orals oncology segment and technology (product, application, platform)
- Develop collaborative internal and external relationships/partnership
- Maintain knowledge of pharmaceutical industry products, trends, and processes
- Troubleshoot, triage, and manage customer issues to resolution
- Ensure timely follow up and communication
- Great business acumen and professionalism
- Strategic/Creative Thinker
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment
- Community Oncology experience a plus
- Certified Pharmacy Technician or equivalent pharmacy experience a plus
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That’s why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to supportphysical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, pleaseclick here.
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.
Our Base Pay Range for this position$69,400 - $115,600
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
How we work and live plays a big role in building a healthier world. View our wide range of health benefits, financial benefits, wellness programs, and flexible working schedules.
Ready for the next step? We’ll guide you along the journey of our hiring process.
Culture and Values
Advancing health outcomes for all — this is the foundation of how we interact with customers, business partners, and each other. Meet the team and learn more about our mission.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Our culture is built around diverse perspectives because everyone’s unique story, experiences, and ideas are valued here.
You haven't viewed any jobs yet.View available opportunities
You haven't saved any jobs yet.View available opportunities