Database Specialist (eCRF)Texas, Remote Job ID JR0090417 Category Business Systems Post Date May. 11, 2023
The eCRF Database Specialist translates the needs of a study protocol into an organized means of collecting data. This role leverages technology to develop electronic data capture forms (eCRF) that reflect the experience of an oncology patient and follow the pre-established requirements of study design, Ontada research team and external client partner. The eCRF Database Specialist will work collaboratively with the Data Quality Specialists, Researchers and Biostatisticians across the organization.
- Coordinate eCRF development for new studies and maintain consistency across research projects for consistency
- Be the expert in clinical data collection, understanding the nuance of unstructured data variables
- Provide design and analysis of electronic data capture to ensure best practices are instituted and followed; this includes development of forms, dictionaries, logic and reports as appropriate for each trial or project
- Apply expertise in the software tools that the company is using to create electronic data capture forms and collaborate with software vendor.
- Implement eCRF design and edit specifications, including derivations for all assigned studies. Ensure they are complete and comprehensive and include custom functions prior to building the eCRF
- Develop and follow SOP’s as specific to Open Clinica and/or the eCRF
- Develop key efficient processes in the eCRF for chart reviews
- Abide by all HIPAA and associated patient confidentiality requirements
- Create user guides specific to Open Clinica
- Develop standardized templates in Open Clinica as it relates to tool development
- 4+ years of experience creating databases and eCRFs, data entry and eCRF data review within a biotech, pharmaceutical or Clinical Research Organization environment
- Experience in a community oncology setting is strongly desired
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare, Life Science
- Experience in clinical data management and eCRF software (OpenClinica, RAVE, etc.)
- Experience in eCRF design and deployment
- Deep understanding of data management processes in a clinical research setting
- Excellent organizational, written and communication skills
- Oncology clinical experience recommended
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access
- Experience writing DBMS queries (e.g., SQL) & scripting languages, procedural programming languages (e.g., PL-SQL, T-SQL, java)
- Basic knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, Java, JQuery, AJAX, RegExp.
- Sound knowledge of MS Access and MS Visio
- Excellent ability to manipulate data
- Knowledge of performance monitoring & tuning of queries and how data base objects are utilized
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That’s why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to supportphysical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, pleaseclick here.
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.
Our Base Pay Range for this position$77,800 - $129,600
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
How we work and live plays a big role in building a healthier world. View our wide range of health benefits, financial benefits, wellness programs, and flexible working schedules.
Ready for the next step? We’ll guide you along the journey of our hiring process.
Culture and Values
Advancing health outcomes for all — this is the foundation of how we interact with customers, business partners, and each other. Meet the team and learn more about our mission.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Our culture is built around diverse perspectives because everyone’s unique story, experiences, and ideas are valued here.
- Warehouse Worker - Full Time Shifts Aurora, Colorado 04/21/2023
- Associé Principal, Gestion de l'Approvisionnement Saint-Laurent, Canada 06/09/2023
- Senior Director, Business Information Security Officer (BISO) Irving, Texas 06/09/2023
- Specialist, Global Security Mississauga, Canada 05/26/2023
- Conseiller(ère), Gestion des congés / Bilingual Advisor, Leaves Management Saint-Laurent, Canada 05/10/2023
You haven't viewed any jobs yet.View available opportunities
You haven't saved any jobs yet.View available opportunities