Sr. Innovation Program ManagerSan Francisco, California Job ID JR0102109 Category Strategy Post Date Nov. 15, 2023
McKesson is an impact-driven, Fortune 10 company that touches virtually every aspect of healthcare. We are known for delivering insights, products, and services that make quality care more accessible and affordable. Here, we focus on the health, happiness, and well-being of you and those we serve – we care. What you do at McKesson matters. We foster a culture where you can grow, make an impact, and are empowered to bring new ideas. Together, we thrive as we shape the future of health for patients, our communities, and our people. If you want to be part of tomorrow’s health today, we want to hear from you.
Sr. Innovation Program Manager
Team: Strategic Innovation & Business Development
McKesson’s Corporate Strategy & Business Development (CSBD) strategic innovation arm, Strategic Innovation & Business Development (SIBD) is seeking to add a high-performing, results-driven Strategic Insights Manager, who will have the opportunity to support the design, test and launch of enterprise-wide growth pilots. The role will report to the Sr. Director, Strategic Innovation & Business Development.
Leadership role in project plan design and implementation:
- Acts as a change agent to drive the team and customer to achieve expected results.
- Builds and develops executive sponsor relationships
- Ability to shift between the "big picture" and project-level details. Can work through complex issues when required
- Follows project management methodology and effectively utilizes standard project management tool
- Performs project management administrative duties such as facilitating meetings, meeting agendas, project notes, and tracking action items.
- Manages and controls the project scope, applying project change procedures when required
- Actively communicates with customer leadership, project sponsors, key stakeholders, and project teams
- Independently plan, lead, and execute complex finance projects collaborating effectively with other cross-functional teams
- Develop concise and compelling business cases for proposed projects
- Ensure appropriate sponsorship and align stakeholders around initiative goals
- Develop strong peer and stakeholder relationships, maintaining effective communication channels
- Determine business roles and resources needed to ensure successful implementation
- Work proactively with the business to resolve critical issues
- Prepare detailed analysis, plans, milestones, deliverables, and overall status updates
Proactively manage risk, anticipate potential issues and implement appropriate mitigations:
- Develops and communicates a data-driven impact analysis, including quality and risk across the capabilities.
- Leads activities related to collecting, analyzing, and reporting key performance indicators, including developing dashboards, scorecards, forecasting, trending, tracking results, and executive presentations.
- Serves as a mentor to other Program/Project Managers
- Take ownership of administrative functions related to budget, invoices, project timelines, and other team activities such as team charter and scorecard
- Collaborate across the company to create tools and templates, formalizing best practices and enabling teams to act with speed
- 7 to 10 years of project management work experience within management consulting, or internal consulting (e.g., Business Operations, Strategy, HR, Organizational Effectiveness, or other equivalent function) with a primary focus on Project Management
- Experience supporting build and launch of high-impact innovation projects or products
- Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Self-starter mindset with a bias toward action
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, MS Office suite skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Outlook, etc.)
- Highly collaborative with solid attention to detail
- Practical experience working in matrix environments across functional and product development & commercial teams
To be successful in this challenging and high-impact role, the successful candidate will have the following:
- Creative and resilient in application of processes and approaches to work
- Demonstrated learning agility in new subject areas, including emerging technologies, trends, and a solid working knowledge of the stakeholders in healthcare
- Experience building and obtaining approval for business cases related to pilot projects
- Strong passion for innovation, emerging technology, and analytics across the healthcare ecosystem
- Experience in project management and product / program management
- Driving complex company, customer, and market analyses with a high tolerance for ambiguity and willingness to adapt. Comfort with uncertainty and ability to navigate complex situations with competing priorities is critical to success
- Results driven; ability to deliver high-quality work products and work independently
- Ability to synthesize information and communicate clearly and concisely in both oral and written formats
- Contribute to the strength of our team’s culture and community and exemplifying McKesson’s ILEAD and I2CARE principles
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Technical or Healthcare Related field.
General office demands. Occasional travel (~20%) once COVID restrictions lift.
Must be authorized to work in the US. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
Please note: This role is not budgeted for corporate relocation package.
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That’s why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to supportphysical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, pleaseclick here.
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.
Our Base Pay Range for this position$104,500 - $174,100
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
How we work and live plays a big role in building a healthier world. View our wide range of health benefits, financial benefits, wellness programs, and flexible working schedules.
Ready for the next step? We’ll guide you along the journey of our hiring process.
Culture and Values
Advancing health outcomes for all — this is the foundation of how we interact with customers, business partners, and each other. Meet the team and learn more about our mission.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Our culture is built around diverse perspectives because everyone’s unique story, experiences, and ideas are valued here.
You haven't viewed any jobs yet.View available opportunities
You haven't saved any jobs yet.View available opportunities