Bilingual Patient Care Coordination- ContractMississauga, Canada Job ID JR0091035 Category Patient Services Post Date May. 24, 2023
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Canada, we touch the lives of 12 million Canadians every day. We carry more than 35,000 products in 12 distribution centers and ultimately provide distribution to 6,300 retail pharmacies, 1,350 hospitals, long-term care centers, clinics and institutions all over Canada. But we're so much more than a distribution company. We've automated 2,500 retail pharmacies and dispense over 100 million doses a year through our automation solutions.
Manufacturers, healthcare providers and patients count on us for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for us all. At McKesson Canada, you'll help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that's vital to us all.
The Patient Services Specialist is an integral part of the Patient Services team, responsible for the coordination and delivery of services related to the patient support programs offered by McKesson Specialty. The role involves interactions with patients, insurance companies, pharmacies, physicians and other health care professionals (HCPs) to explore and obtain coverage for the prescribed medication as well as management of the patient cases.
- The Patient Services Specialist will be responsible for the timely enrollment of the patient into the Patient Support Program
- Liaise with the patient, insurer and physician regarding the documentation required for maximum reimbursement coverage, including the exploration of all public and private insurers and providing employer escalations as required
- Conduct information and conduct patient financial assessment eligibility based on program guidelines
- Provide responses to general inquiry calls based on information provided as part of the program materials
- Coordination with Specialty and Retail pharmacies to ensure that the patient has access to the required treatment
- Proactively monitor the patient's file to ensure that reimbursement and financial assistance renewals are done in a timely manner
- Process documents supporting the patient's care, including infusion reports, lab results, copays
- Receive, record and report Adverse Events as per the Pharmaceutical Manufacturer requirements
- Participate and assist in departmental continuous improvement activities related to process, quality, training, etc
- Maintain service levels in case management, including telephone answer rates, time to initial contact with the patient
- Adverse Events reported within twenty-four hours of receipt and any other Key Performance Indicators established as the Program level
- Perform data-entry, answer inbound calls, make outbound calls, manage e-mail and fax software, general administrative functions including faxing, filing.
- Typically requires 3+ years of related experience
- Experience in the healthcare, pharmaceutical or insurance industry would be an asset
- Strong customer service, communication, problem solving skills required
- Comfortable working in a contact center environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word/Excel)
- Team Player
- Post-secondary education or equivalent
- Organized with a high attention to detail
- Flexibility in working rotational or variety of different hours (hours of operation are 8 am to 8 pm Monday to Friday)
- Bilingual French and English is an asset
Career Level – IC Business Support – B3
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That’s why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to supportphysical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, pleaseclick here.
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.
Our Base Pay Range for this position$40,000 - $66,600
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity employer.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purpose only. All open jobs offered by McKesson on this recruitment system are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a subsidiary, office or department within the company which is offering the position, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance.
The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the completeness of information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While McKesson attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting.
McKesson is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
The information on this site is for information purpose only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.
Current employees must apply through internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
How we work and live plays a big role in building a healthier world. View our wide range of health benefits, financial benefits, wellness programs, and flexible working schedules.
Ready for the next step? We’ll guide you along the journey of our hiring process.
Culture and Values
Advancing health outcomes for all — this is the foundation of how we interact with customers, business partners, and each other. Meet the team and learn more about our mission.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Our culture is built around diverse perspectives because everyone’s unique story, experiences, and ideas are valued here.
- Warehouse Worker - Full Time Shifts Aurora, Colorado 04/21/2023
- Associé Principal, Gestion de l'Approvisionnement Saint-Laurent, Canada 06/09/2023
- Senior Director, Business Information Security Officer (BISO) Irving, Texas 06/09/2023
- Specialist, Global Security Mississauga, Canada 05/26/2023
- Conseiller(ère), Gestion des congés / Bilingual Advisor, Leaves Management Saint-Laurent, Canada 05/10/2023
You haven't viewed any jobs yet.View available opportunities
You haven't saved any jobs yet.View available opportunities