Customer Care Process Specialist, McKesson Specialized DistributionMilton, Canada Job ID JR0090995 Category Client Service Post Date May. 25, 2023
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Canada, we touch the lives of 12 million Canadians every day. We carry more than 35,000 products in 12 distribution centers and ultimately provide distribution to 6,300 retail pharmacies, 1,350 hospitals, long-term care centers, clinics and institutions all over Canada. But we're so much more than a distribution company. We've automated 2,500 retail pharmacies and dispense over 100 million doses a year through our automation solutions. Manufacturers, healthcare providers and patients count on us for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for us all.
At McKesson Canada, you’ll help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Customer Care Process Specialist,McKesson Specialized Distribution, is a skilled specialist who develops tools, techniques, and procedures to assist the work performed within the Customer Care team. The incumbent plays a key role in assisting in training of new Customer Care Specialists, to ensure consistency and excellence in the services provided to our clients. The Customer Care Process Specialist develops and deploys process improvements within the Customer Care team. As the first point of escalation for customer care issues, the Customer Care Process Specialist helps guide the team in timely issue tracking and resolution, in accordance with our contractual obligations. The incumbent also assists with daily tasks, which may include assigning and processing orders at peak times and when the team is short staffed, monitoring and performing key functions leveraging tools like Salesforce.
- Leads Customer Care activities related to more complex accounts, as Subject Matter Expert.
- Makes recommendations to and collaborates with the Senior Manager on opportunities for continuous improvements.
- Develops and deploys process improvements within the Customer Care team; trains team members on best practices.
- Acts as team lead representing the MSD Customer Care team in cross-functional initiatives; leads specific action plans relative to Customer Care.
- Collaborates with the Senior Manager to assign and monitor workload for the Customer Care Specialists and facilitates cross-training to ensure proper back up.
- Supports the Customer Care team when there are planned or unplanned absences.
- Guides Customer Care team members on issues and resolution; ensures resolution process is followed and tracked.
- Resolves escalated or complex cases ensuring a positive customer experience; escalates serious issues to the Senior Manager.
- Builds training material to assist new employees onboarding; trains new employees.
- Manages and prioritizes multiple tasks to meet all deadlines including stepping up during periods of high volumes of work.
- Owns, works on and successfully completes complex assignments.
- Represents the Senior Manager, MSD Customer Care, as required; leads team meetings as needed.
- Monitors phone queues to ensure schedule adherence to meet service level targets and recommends changes as required.
- Maintains excellent relationships cross-functionally with key stakeholders in MSD Sales Operations, MSD Operations, MSD QA, MSD QSS and Transportation.
- Supports the Customer Care team members to achieve KPIs.
- Maintains a high-level of knowledge in multiple areas of the business (claims, transportation, distribution, sales, regulatory etc.)
- Acts as a McKesson ambassador of corporate values.
- Degree or equivalent and typically requires 4+ years of
- Experience in pharmaceutical environment an asset.
- Experience with customer care metrics/KPIs and data analytics an asset.
- Experience with onboarding new employees.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and partnering skills.
- Ability to work independently or within a team.
- Works with minimal amount of supervision.
- Ability to collaborate with various levels of management and employees.
- Organizational/prioritization skills to be able to work in an environment with a high level of task shifting.
- Customer-centered and empathetic approach with every interaction.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Perfectly bilingual, written and spoken (French/English).
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office products (strong Excel skills an asset)
- Salesforce CRM is an asset, along with keyboarding skills
- Good business acumen.
- Commitment to achieve high levels of service excellence.
- Attention to details.
- Ability to identify operational issues and proactively drive solutions.
- Ability to work as part of multi-functional teams.
- Team player.
- Independent decision-making skills.
- Availability to cover hours of operation.
McKesson Specialized Distribution Customer Care hours of operation are: Monday to Friday 8:30am-5pm ET. These hours of operations may evolve, as the business develops.
Career Level – IC – Professional – P3
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That’s why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to supportphysical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, pleaseclick here.
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.
Our Base Pay Range for this position$69,700 - $116,100
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity employer.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purpose only. All open jobs offered by McKesson on this recruitment system are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a subsidiary, office or department within the company which is offering the position, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance.
The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the completeness of information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While McKesson attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting.
McKesson is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
The information on this site is for information purpose only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.
Current employees must apply through internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
How we work and live plays a big role in building a healthier world. View our wide range of health benefits, financial benefits, wellness programs, and flexible working schedules.
Ready for the next step? We’ll guide you along the journey of our hiring process.
Culture and Values
Advancing health outcomes for all — this is the foundation of how we interact with customers, business partners, and each other. Meet the team and learn more about our mission.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Our culture is built around diverse perspectives because everyone’s unique story, experiences, and ideas are valued here.
- Warehouse Worker - Full Time Shifts Aurora, Colorado 04/21/2023
- Associé Principal, Gestion de l'Approvisionnement Saint-Laurent, Canada 06/09/2023
- Senior Director, Business Information Security Officer (BISO) Irving, Texas 06/09/2023
- Specialist, Global Security Mississauga, Canada 05/26/2023
- Conseiller(ère), Gestion des congés / Bilingual Advisor, Leaves Management Saint-Laurent, Canada 05/10/2023
You haven't viewed any jobs yet.View available opportunities
You haven't saved any jobs yet.View available opportunities