Customer Service SpecialistLa Vergne, Tennessee Job ID JR0100344 Category Customer Service Post Date Oct. 23, 2023
McKesson is an impact-driven, Fortune 10 company that touches virtually every aspect of healthcare. We are known for delivering insights, products, and services that make quality care more accessible and affordable. Here, we focus on the health, happiness, and well-being of you and those we serve – we care. What you do at McKesson matters. We foster a culture where you can grow, make an impact, and are empowered to bring new ideas. Together, we thrive as we shape the future of health for patients, our communities, and our people. If you want to be part of tomorrow’s health today, we want to hear from you.
The Acute Customer Support Specialist is responsible for interfacing with customers prior to and/or after sale. Develops and maintains positive customer relations and coordinates with various functions within the company to ensure customer requests are handled appropriately and in a timely manner. This position has the authority to substantially affect the relationship between the company and a customer, either from a financial standpoint or product standpoint. Pre-sale: Analysis of customer inquiries to determine appropriate product literature; influencing shipping schedules; recognizing new business opportunities. Post-sale: Resolving production scheduling, shipping or invoicing problems; determining the validity of claims and scheduling returns; changing shipping schedules; and recognizing add-on business opportunities.
- Assist customers with their product orders, answering questions and providing prompt resolution to any potential concerns
- Answers incoming customer calls, keys orders into computer system, reviews order with customer to ensure accuracy, and responds to general inquiries relating to pricing, invoicing, product availability, shipping status, buying history, etc.
- Research customer inquiries using MPB systems and handle or expedite the request to the appropriate supporting teams that will facilitate the customer resolution
- Performs customer service functions such as handling customer complaints, interviewing customers on the phone to gain a clear detailed understanding of customer issues, researching customer complaints, interacting with other McKesson departments, and placing follow-up calls to customers to fully resolve any issues such as mis-shipped or lost orders, etc. and to ensure customer satisfaction
- Creates and maintains detailed and accurate customer account history notes in the (CRM) internal computer system by entering in incidents and related notes on a continual basis
- Assist customers with processing online order requests and facilitate inquires related to online ordering issues to the appropriate contacts for resolution
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
Schedule: Mon-Fri 9:30am-6:30pm
- Typically requires 3+ years of related experience.
- Minimum of 2 years' customer service experience or comparable Plasma Distribution industry experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years customer service experience
- Strong PC proficiency in MS Office and Outlook
- Ability to learn challenging and growing product portfolio
- Excellent communication skills
- High sense of urgency (working with critical life-saving drugs and time frames)
- Strong organization skills required
- 4 year degree preferred
- SAP experience a plus
- Working knowledge of plasma products desired
Career Level – IC – Business Support – B3
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That’s why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to supportphysical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, pleaseclick here.
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.
Our Base Pay Range for this position$15.86 - $26.44
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
How we work and live plays a big role in building a healthier world. View our wide range of health benefits, financial benefits, wellness programs, and flexible working schedules.
Ready for the next step? We’ll guide you along the journey of our hiring process.
Culture and Values
Advancing health outcomes for all — this is the foundation of how we interact with customers, business partners, and each other. Meet the team and learn more about our mission.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Our culture is built around diverse perspectives because everyone’s unique story, experiences, and ideas are valued here.
You haven't viewed any jobs yet.View available opportunities
You haven't saved any jobs yet.View available opportunities