Pharmacy TechnicianJeffersonville, Indiana Job ID JR0101132 Category Pharmacy Technician Post Date Nov. 02, 2023
McKesson is an impact-driven, Fortune 10 company that touches virtually every aspect of healthcare. We are known for delivering insights, products, and services that make quality care more accessible and affordable. Here, we focus on the health, happiness, and well-being of you and those we serve – we care. What you do at McKesson matters. We foster a culture where you can grow, make an impact, and are empowered to bring new ideas. Together, we thrive as we shape the future of health for patients, our communities, and our people. If you want to be part of tomorrow’s health today, we want to hear from you.
McKesson is an impact-driven, Fortune 10 company that touches virtually every aspect of healthcare. We are known for delivering insights, products, and services that make quality care more accessible and affordable. Here, we focus on the health, happiness, and well-being of you and those we serve – we care.
What you do at McKesson matters. We foster a culture where you can grow, make an impact, and are empowered to bring new ideas. Together, we thrive as we shape the future of health for patients, our communities, and our people. If you want to be part of tomorrow’s health today, we want to hear from you.
1st shift $ 18.95/hr
2nd shift $ 19.70/hr
Schedule: 5 Day work week
1st shift Mon – Fri (10am- 7:30pm) Every 3rd Saturday (11am-8:30pm)
2nd shift Mon – Fri (2pm-11pm) Every 3rd Saturday (11am-8:30pm)
Every 3rd Saturday, includes weekday off
Walk-in onsite interviews welcomed every Tuesday and Friday from 2:00 pm – 6:00pm. No appointment necessary!
Where: 260 Logistics Ave, Jeffersonville, Indiana
When: Tuesday & Friday from 2:00pm – 6:00pm
The ideal candidate will be able to accurately and efficiently fill prescription requests in an automated refill setting. Under the supervision of a Pharmacist, the Pharmacy Technician prepares, packages and distributes medications in a fast-paced production environment. Maintains continuous, consistent workflow in order to meet daily production goals; and has the ability to work productively either independently or as a team.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Manually fill prescription vials with prescribed tablets and capsules
- Read computer generated screens to find indicated merchandise on labeled shelves, verify size and strength of the product before filling order
- Replenish medication in automated cells to full capacity; opening large quantities of bottles and cases of product
- Basic mathematical reasoning to either count or calculate appropriate number of units needed to fill prescription
- Use of handheld scanner unit to scan barcodes of product for replenishment
- Demonstrate problem resolution skills: ability to recognize, address and escalate issues
- Maintain focus and acute attention to detail while performing repetitive tasks with absolute accuracy
- Maintains the pharmacy floor in a clean and orderly condition
- Understands and abides by federal and state HIPAA laws as well as pharmacy standard procedures to ensure patient safety and privacy
- Processes orders for shipping including folding/packing paperwork and attaching shipping label
- Complies with policies, procedures & SOP’s
- Adheres to and promotes the Company’s Shared ICARE Principles
Qualifications for the Position:
- Indiana Pharmacy Technician License
- Good standing current Pharmacy Technician license required
- PTCB National certification
- 1+ years of pharmacy experience
- Working knowledge of pharmacy operations and professional standards
- Good computer skills
- Warehouse experience a plus
- Exhibit customer service to all team members and strong interpersonal skills in a constantly changing production environment
- Benefits start day one
- 22 days of PTO annually
- Performance Incentives
- Cross Training
- Growth Opportunities
- Supportive Management
- Able to lift up to 30lbs
- Standing/walking continuously during the shift (8+hours per day)
- Requires bending, twisting, reaching, grasping and pinching
- Visual acuity to read computer screens, handheld scanners and labels
- Climate controlled environment
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That’s why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to supportphysical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, pleaseclick here.
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
How we work and live plays a big role in building a healthier world. View our wide range of health benefits, financial benefits, wellness programs, and flexible working schedules.
Ready for the next step? We’ll guide you along the journey of our hiring process.
Culture and Values
Advancing health outcomes for all — this is the foundation of how we interact with customers, business partners, and each other. Meet the team and learn more about our mission.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Our culture is built around diverse perspectives because everyone’s unique story, experiences, and ideas are valued here.
You haven't viewed any jobs yet.View available opportunities
You haven't saved any jobs yet.View available opportunities