Sr. Performance IT ArchitectIrving, Texas Job ID JR0100306 Category IT Architecture Post Date Nov. 16, 2023
McKesson is an impact-driven, Fortune 10 company that touches virtually every aspect of healthcare. We are known for delivering insights, products, and services that make quality care more accessible and affordable. Here, we focus on the health, happiness, and well-being of you and those we serve – we care. What you do at McKesson matters. We foster a culture where you can grow, make an impact, and are empowered to bring new ideas. Together, we thrive as we shape the future of health for patients, our communities, and our people. If you want to be part of tomorrow’s health today, we want to hear from you.
Job Title: Sr. Performance IT Architect
The Sr. IT Architect is responsible for the overall architecture, design, and any proof of concepts related to SAP ECC and other SAP family applications. Must be able to collaborate with varying levels of technical understanding and be a thought leader and change agent who is able to adapt in a very fast paced, ever-changing environment. This dynamic role will allow the individual to tap into their technical architecture, analytical and leadership skills, interact with internal stakeholders and to think outside the box in developing creative solutions.
- Optimize the performance of SAP systems and projects get the highest quality of service.
- Develop and maintain performance engineering, monitoring and optimization strategies.
- Monitor and analyze system performance metrics to identify opportunities for improvement. Develop and implement plans for performance testing and tuning.
- Coordinate with other partnering teams to ensure optimal system performance. Provide technical assistance and support to other teams. Troubleshoot and resolve performance issues. Create and maintain performance documentation.
- Accountable for software delivery including continuous improvement, practices, and principles.
- Troubleshoot and resolve imminent software deficiencies.
- Stay up to date with technology trends and industry best practices.
- Build collaborative relationships with the McKesson Technology teams.
Typically requires 7+ years of relevant experience
- 7 years hands on experience on SAP Basis Monitoring, Performance scripting and tools
- Experience 7+ years in software performance, development/architecture
- 5+ years of ABAP experience
- Strong working knowledge of HANA and SCM Performance
- Strong knowledge / Experience in enterprise application and information architecture methodologies and design
- Knowledge of Agile methodology
- Experience in all phases of software development including design, coding, testing, debugging, implementation, and source management
Additional knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent external communication and leadership skills are required in dealing with customers and partners.
- Excellent critical thinking and diagnostic aptitude
- Strong leadership skills that inspire team confidence and respect while motivating team members in a creative and effective manner
- Organizational and time-management skills are necessary.
- Ability to use soft skills techniques to collaborate in a dynamic and challenging work environment.
- Must demonstrate good oral, written and presentation communication skills.
- Passionate orientation and attention to customer satisfaction.
- Experience in pharmaceutical or healthcare industry is a plus.
- Experience with architectural abstractions and design patterns
4-year degree in computer science, engineering, or another STEM field or equivalent experience
Physical Requirements: General Office Demands
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That’s why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to supportphysical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, pleaseclick here.
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.
Our Base Pay Range for this position$117,200 - $195,400
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
How we work and live plays a big role in building a healthier world. View our wide range of health benefits, financial benefits, wellness programs, and flexible working schedules.
Ready for the next step? We’ll guide you along the journey of our hiring process.
Culture and Values
Advancing health outcomes for all — this is the foundation of how we interact with customers, business partners, and each other. Meet the team and learn more about our mission.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Our culture is built around diverse perspectives because everyone’s unique story, experiences, and ideas are valued here.
You haven't viewed any jobs yet.View available opportunities
You haven't saved any jobs yet.View available opportunities