Sr. IT Architect - SOX & SOC auditsIrving, Texas Job ID JR0097893 Category IT Architecture Post Date Sep. 18, 2023
McKesson is an impact-driven, Fortune 10 company that touches virtually every aspect of healthcare. We are known for delivering insights, products, and services that make quality care more accessible and affordable. Here, we focus on the health, happiness, and well-being of you and those we serve – we care. What you do at McKesson matters. We foster a culture where you can grow, make an impact, and are empowered to bring new ideas. Together, we thrive as we shape the future of health for patients, our communities, and our people. If you want to be part of tomorrow’s health today, we want to hear from you.
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payors, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting. We believe in the importance of strong, vital organizations because we know that patients can only be healthy when our system is healthy.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career. Wherever you contribute here at McKesson, you will have the ability to make a real impact in the lives of others.
Job Title: Sr. IT architect – SOX & SOC audits
We are seeking a Sr. IT architect – SOX & SOC audits to join our application engineering team
The Sr. IT architect – SOX & SOC audits will develop and maintain the SOX & compliance for our internal applications developed.
- Experience in JDE / SAP or other ERP systems
- Experience in SQL and ability to validate the results that meets the audit / compliance programs
- Strong in SOX, SOC compliance & audit
- Good understanding of Control-M
- Experience with ITGC, SOX, HIPAA, SOC and other regulations
Job Responsibilities include:
- Conduct audit simulations and sampling
- SOX control reviews and ownership designation for improvement opportunities
- Evaluate any new vulnerabilities, encryption requirements or other ISRM related requests
- Coordinate delivery dates and prioritization across app owners for tech for tech initiatives
- Establish a central library of controls and standards
On New Projects/Initiatives:
- Participate as the project begins by establishing standards and governance aligned to AVEC
- Establish a checklist approach
- Emphasis on security by design and offensive engineering
- Support a centralized provisioning model
For Existing In-Scope Systems:
- Conduct investigations
- Establish a ranking for application’s ability to pass an audit
- Form remediation plans and drive alignment with app owners and leadership
- Participate in internal and external audits as “coaches” during the process
- Enable visibility across apps to drive consistency in response and remediation efforts identified by auditors
- Support app owners in change control sampling, UARs, effective responses to audit
- Coordinate with auditors/stakeholders on managing timelines associated to delivery of audit samples
For Identified deficiencies/improvement opportunities:
- Ownership of end-to-end remediation tasks
- Act as consultants to the app owners and other parts of MT
- Own escalation and prioritization
For Legacy/EOL applications:
- Identify areas where current applications can be reduced or shifted to alternate platforms
- Support app rationalization efforts by limiting investments in legacy tech
- Conduit to BISO's, Compliance Officers and other Stakeholders
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, Computer Science preferred or relevant professional experience
Physical Requirements: General Office Demands
Must be authorized to work in the US. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That’s why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to supportphysical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, pleaseclick here.
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.
Our Base Pay Range for this position$117,200 - $195,400
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
How we work and live plays a big role in building a healthier world. View our wide range of health benefits, financial benefits, wellness programs, and flexible working schedules.
Ready for the next step? We’ll guide you along the journey of our hiring process.
Culture and Values
Advancing health outcomes for all — this is the foundation of how we interact with customers, business partners, and each other. Meet the team and learn more about our mission.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Our culture is built around diverse perspectives because everyone’s unique story, experiences, and ideas are valued here.
You haven't viewed any jobs yet.View available opportunities
You haven't saved any jobs yet.View available opportunities