Replenishment BuyerIrving, Texas Job ID JR0100794 Category Purchasing Post Date Oct. 26, 2023
McKesson is an impact-driven, Fortune 10 company that touches virtually every aspect of healthcare. We are known for delivering insights, products, and services that make quality care more accessible and affordable. Here, we focus on the health, happiness, and well-being of you and those we serve – we care. What you do at McKesson matters. We foster a culture where you can grow, make an impact, and are empowered to bring new ideas. Together, we thrive as we shape the future of health for patients, our communities, and our people. If you want to be part of tomorrow’s health today, we want to hear from you.
Improving Health Outcomes for a Better Tomorrow
As the leader in pharmaceutical distribution and supply chain management, McKesson Pharmaceutical Solutions & Services (PSAS) delivers vital branded and generic pharmaceuticals, as well as over-the-counter products, to more than 40,000 customers in three primary segments: retail chains, independent retail pharmacies and institutional providers such as hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks and long-term care providers.
We base our distribution excellence on electronic order processing, asset management tools, a commitment to Six Sigma methodology, order accuracy and supply chain safety. We work with our customers on solutions - including supply management technology, world-class marketing programs, managed care and repackaging products and services - that help them meet their business and quality goals. Our entire team works to ensure patients receive their medications efficiently and begin the process of healing.
As the nation’s largest pharmaceutical distributor, McKesson’s PSAS business is committed to driving total pharmacy health for customers and ensuring that customers receive the right drug at the right time, every time. This commitment is underpinned by McKesson’s focus on providing customers with the industry’s highest product availability, intelligent ordering capabilities and unmatched service accuracy.
How You’ll Spend Your Day:
- Conduct inventory replenishment duties for designated accounts/distribution center(s) to include inventory management, adherence to McKesson’s SLA goals, and the management and analytics of forecasting trends (demand forecasting and lead time forecasting).
- Establish, maintain, and expand regular communication with external customers (suppliers, vendors, etc.) and internal stakeholders (distribution center managers, purchasing team, etc.), ensuring quick response times and satisfactory problem resolution and developing strong customer partnerships to ensure the success of McKesson’s buying programs.
- Collaborate with Purchasing Directors to identify opportunities for improvements to internal processes.
- Manages a portfolio of supplier accounts to ensure each DC has adequate stock to meet our customers’ needs
- With guidance from Purchasing Directors, evaluates and negotiates standard lead times with suppliers in portfolio to maintain consistent and predictable deliveries; gains alignment from and communicates changes to internal stakeholders (Product Managers, Purchasing Leaders, DC Operations)
- Works with suppliers to ensure item supply statuses are provided to McKesson and are captured and conveyed to our customers
- With guidance from Directors or Lead Buyers evaluates supplier performance and develops, presents, and discusses necessary action items during supplier business reviews
- Collaborates with other buyers and product management teams to ensure supply coverage across items within a Generic ID
- Responsible for maintaining an adequate in-stock position of inventory, ensuring that inventory is turned consistently to maximize sales while minimizing impact to working capital and loss in shrink.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
*This is not an exhaustive list; other relevant duties and responsibilities may be assigned at the needs and discretion of the business.
Experience You’ll Need:
- Typically requires 4+ years of relevant buyer experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience including purchasing, sourcing, demand planning, supply planning, supply chain, or healthcare experience
- 4-year degree in Supply Chain or related quantitative or health care related field preferred
Critical Skills Needed for Success:
- Excellent relationship management skills with ability to develop and maintain effective, positive internal/external working relationships with a diverse group of individuals.
- Excellent negotiation abilities with strong math skills.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office suite, to include Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Prior experience with demand or supply forecasting
- Demonstrated examples of analytical thinking and business decision making
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written
- Prior experience supporting a large volume of vendors and distribution centers
- Ability to prioritize and organize in a very fast paced environment
- Time Management by understanding priorities and task completion timelines
- Initiative to identify and take on tasks and resolve problems immediately
What Makes You Excel:
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Understanding and listening to team members and fostering a productive team environment
- Resolving and negotiating conflicts or problems with tact, diplomacy, and composure
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated to take up deliverables from scratch up to production without major oversight
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That’s why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to supportphysical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, pleaseclick here.
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.
Our Base Pay Range for this position$73,300 - $122,100
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
How we work and live plays a big role in building a healthier world. View our wide range of health benefits, financial benefits, wellness programs, and flexible working schedules.
Ready for the next step? We’ll guide you along the journey of our hiring process.
Culture and Values
Advancing health outcomes for all — this is the foundation of how we interact with customers, business partners, and each other. Meet the team and learn more about our mission.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Our culture is built around diverse perspectives because everyone’s unique story, experiences, and ideas are valued here.
- Lead Material Handler Chino, California 02/29/2024
- Pharmacy Coordinator Surrey, Canada 02/27/2024
- Pharmacy Technicians Jeffersonville, Indiana 02/27/2024
- Software Engineer Louisville, Kentucky 03/01/2024
- Training & Change Management Specialist, Talent Acquisition Alpharetta, Georgia 03/01/2024
You haven't viewed any jobs yet.View available opportunities
You haven't saved any jobs yet.View available opportunities