Payroll Productions SupervisorIrving, Texas Job ID JR0097233 Category Payroll Post Date Sep. 15, 2023
McKesson is an impact-driven, Fortune 10 company that touches virtually every aspect of healthcare. We are known for delivering insights, products, and services that make quality care more accessible and affordable. Here, we focus on the health, happiness, and well-being of you and those we serve – we care. What you do at McKesson matters. We foster a culture where you can grow, make an impact, and are empowered to bring new ideas. Together, we thrive as we shape the future of health for patients, our communities, and our people. If you want to be part of tomorrow’s health today, we want to hear from you.
Coordinates and supervises the payroll production teams daily activities and sets direction to ensure that all processes are executed appropriately to ensure payroll accuracy and timeliness. Operates as the subject matter expert and escalation point to resolve issues and continuously looks for improvements in operational processes and creates and implements those initiatives.
Manages payroll related activities of the team that range from routine to moderately complex; coordinates work activities with other supervisors and leaders as needed. Ensures that daily, monthly, quarterly and annual payroll production responsibilities are done timely and accurately. This includes facilitating, validating, finalizing and submitting all payroll cycles. Reviews staffing to ensure appropriate coverage for all payroll tasks and processing and adjusts as needed.
Assist management in implementing quality control measures. Identify process improvement initiatives and define standards to ensure accuracy within the payroll production area. Ensure procedures are documented for all payroll activities. Trains team members on new or enhanced procedures and policies. Collaborates with Manager on work planning and prioritization to optimize performance of the team and to define standards and best approaches for payroll operations.
Drives performance with the team members by setting direction, providing real time feedback, and creating a trust-based, inclusive work environment; developing employees through coaching and feedback; rewarding and recognizing employees via ongoing recognition and core pay-for-performance practices. Assists team members with quarterly goal setting and scheduling dedicated time for employee development on a monthly basis.
Responsible for quarterly and annual employee reviews and collaborates with upper management on merit increases and submits for review. Keeps documentation on employee’s attendance, evaluations and pertinent conversation. Alerts management when there is a possible concern on employees’ performance. Works with upper management on staffing needs (hiring for new positions or replacements).
Minimum Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities):
- Advanced education preferred, but not required
- High School diploma or GED required
- Preferred Certified Payroll Profession (FPC, CPP)
Business Experience –
- Minimum 5 years payroll processing experience in a large/complex payroll environment
- Experience in full cycle and multi-state payroll required
- Minimum of 2 years of customer experience.
- Minimum of 3 years people management (Team Lead, Supervisor, Manager).
- Working knowledge of Workday (3+ year minimum), Kronos, and ADP garnishments and banking
Specialized Knowledge/Skills –
- Ability to effectively supervise team members and organize work activities.
- Proactively prioritizes department needs and effectively manages resources.
- Manages effective internal/external client/employee relationships.
- Demonstrate coaching/mentoring skills and “issue” management problem solving skills.
- Guides assigned individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards
- Assesses work activities and allocates resources appropriately, as deemed necessary by workload
- Ensuring assigned tasks are completed timely, and appropriate communication is sent as needed
- Gathering and consolidating information that impacts measurable goals and targets, and assistance in leading the payroll team (internal and external) in meeting and/or exceeding outlined metrics.
- Able to research the root cause and follow up and follow through on resolution
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail and follow through to resolve any outstanding issues.
- Ability to adapt to changing environment.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Workday, Kronos, Salesforce and others as required; ability to quickly learn new PC skills
- Knowledge of tax reciprocity rules and regulations.
- Preferred experience with processing payroll with union employees.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with staff, leadership, across internal/external teams and customers. Provide an approachable and open environment for questions, concerns and suggestions in all interactions.
- Articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems; including strong understanding of internal controls within a consolidated payroll processing environment.
- Able to receive and provide feedback to encourage an open and honest environment.
- Ability & interest in training other team members.
- Strong customer service skills.
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That’s why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to supportphysical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, pleaseclick here.
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.
Our Base Pay Range for this position$63,800 - $106,400
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
How we work and live plays a big role in building a healthier world. View our wide range of health benefits, financial benefits, wellness programs, and flexible working schedules.
Ready for the next step? We’ll guide you along the journey of our hiring process.
Culture and Values
Advancing health outcomes for all — this is the foundation of how we interact with customers, business partners, and each other. Meet the team and learn more about our mission.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Our culture is built around diverse perspectives because everyone’s unique story, experiences, and ideas are valued here.
- Chief Counsel Mississauga, Canada 09/29/2023
- Spécialiste principal(e) de la validation de la qualité / Senior Quality Validation Specialist Multiple 09/29/2023
- Specialiste de support et Chargé de Compte / Support Specialist-Account Manager Saint-Laurent, Canada 09/29/2023
- Implementation Analyst Atlanta, Georgia 09/29/2023
- Clinical Case Educator Cary, North Carolina 09/29/2023
You haven't viewed any jobs yet.View available opportunities
You haven't saved any jobs yet.View available opportunities