Lead IT Architect - Asp.NetIrving, Texas Job ID JR0098128 Category IT Architecture Post Date Sep. 18, 2023
McKesson is an impact-driven, Fortune 10 company that touches virtually every aspect of healthcare. We are known for delivering insights, products, and services that make quality care more accessible and affordable. Here, we focus on the health, happiness, and well-being of you and those we serve – we care. What you do at McKesson matters. We foster a culture where you can grow, make an impact, and are empowered to bring new ideas. Together, we thrive as we shape the future of health for patients, our communities, and our people. If you want to be part of tomorrow’s health today, we want to hear from you.
McKesson Corporation is a Fortune 10 company and is one of the largest providers of healthcare supply chain management solutions, retail pharmacy, medical & pharmaceutical supplies, healthcare technology, community oncology and specialty care in the United States with revenues of $231 billion in 2020. The company was founded in 1833 by John McKesson and Charles Olcott in New York with a focus on importing and wholesaling pharmaceutical products. United by our ICARE shared principles, McKesson's 80,000 employees work together every day to make better care possible around the globe – one product, one partner, one patient at a time.
Job title: Lead IT Architect
Work location: Irving, TX
Our Warehouse control systems are challenging and require an in-depth understanding of both applications networked systems and automation. The Lead. IT Architect will work with our internal team and our vendors, to set an architectural vision for our Warehouse Control Systems group.
This role will also actively participate in crafting the long-term vision for modernizing our applications for distribution control systems and this is an exciting, hands-on role based out of our Las Colinas office (Irving, TX).
- Design, code, test, implementation, support for warehouse management and automation systems as well as software architecture.
- In addition, you will be responsible for supporting, modifying, and documenting processes and procedures for the WCS group.
- Work as an escalation point of contact and available for 7x24 on call support via a rotation for all supported DC’s.
- Research and recommend Application technology solutions.
- Provide technical escalation. Mentor WCS support staff where necessary and fulfill other duties as specified by management.
- Recommend changes in Application maintenance and standards.
- Maintains, troubleshoots, and performs corrective action on all warehouse control and automation applications.
- This position will work closely with distribution center personnel and management business partners to ensure stable operational systems/applications functionality.
- Must be ready to learn the challenging warehouse control applications, networked systems and automation.
- A good working knowledge and understanding of Distribution Center warehouse business processes is an added benefit.
- This position will support existing applications as well as newly acquired ones.
Must have critical skills:
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Interpret and write code in C# and Java.
- Analyze create and document processes and procedures.
- Evaluates and corrects WCS Application problems and failures according to SLA.
- Strong experience in SQL, Web Services, REST API, ASP, IIS and .Net Framework
- A working knowledge of AIX, Linux, XML, Tomcat and HTML is a plus.
Preferred domain :
Experience in either one of the below industries
- Distribution center
- Healthcare / pharmaceutical
- Warehouse control system
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, Computer Science preferred or relevant professional experience
Physical Requirements: General Office Demands
Travel requirements: On a need basis to the vendor sites/distribution centers
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That’s why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to supportphysical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, pleaseclick here.
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.
Our Base Pay Range for this position$140,400 - $234,000
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
How we work and live plays a big role in building a healthier world. View our wide range of health benefits, financial benefits, wellness programs, and flexible working schedules.
Ready for the next step? We’ll guide you along the journey of our hiring process.
Culture and Values
Advancing health outcomes for all — this is the foundation of how we interact with customers, business partners, and each other. Meet the team and learn more about our mission.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Our culture is built around diverse perspectives because everyone’s unique story, experiences, and ideas are valued here.
- Chief Counsel Mississauga, Canada 09/29/2023
- Spécialiste principal(e) de la validation de la qualité / Senior Quality Validation Specialist Multiple 09/29/2023
- Specialiste de support et Chargé de Compte / Support Specialist-Account Manager Saint-Laurent, Canada 09/29/2023
- Implementation Analyst Atlanta, Georgia 09/29/2023
- Clinical Case Educator Cary, North Carolina 09/29/2023
You haven't viewed any jobs yet.View available opportunities
You haven't saved any jobs yet.View available opportunities