Java Full Stack Software DeveloperIrving, Texas Job ID JR0088997 Category Software Development Post Date May. 22, 2023
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payors, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting. We believe in the importance of strong, vital organizations because we know that patients can only be healthy when our system is healthy.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career. Wherever you contribute here at McKesson, you will have the ability to make a real impact in the lives of others.
Job Title: Java Full Stack Software Developer (Java springboot)
Work Location: Irving, TX / The Woodlands, TX (Hybrid role)
The Full Stack Software Developer has excellent proficiency in Java 8 with Spring booth development and deployment. You will work closely with our business partners in a Safe Agile Methodology to understand requirements and deliver agreed-upon solutions. An ideal candidate will also have an analytical mindset and a keen eye for detail.
- Understand client requirements and how they translate into application features
- Collaborate with Business Units to set specifications for new applications
- Write high-quality source code to program complete applications within deadlines
- Develop automated test scripts to perform integration testing
- Perform unit and integration testing before the launch
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Evaluate existing applications to reprogram, update and add new features
- Develop technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design and code
Minimum Requirements : Degree or equivalent and typically requires 7+ years of relevant experience
- Proven experience as an application/web developer, microservices architecture, and using cloud-based services
- Experience in designing and building applications
- Required proficiency in Java 8 and experience developing apps using Spring Framework
- Experience with front-end frameworks such as Angular or React and Material.
- Worked with SQL and MongoDB NoSQL databases.
- Experience with working in Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- In-depth knowledge of programming for diverse operating systems and platforms using development tools
- Excellent understanding of software design and programming principles
- Front-end frameworks required--react or angular
Additional Knowledge and Skills
- A team player with excellent communication skills but with the ability to work independently
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving capability
- Great attention to detail and time-management skills
- Experience with Agile Methodology, Scaled Agile Framework for enterprise (SAFe) preferred
- Familiarity with Snowflake, Azure Cloud ecosystem, Tableau, IBM Cognos 11, or any other reporting tools nice to have
- Experience with Shell Scripting or Python or any similar technologies nice to have
- General knowledge of Transportation and Distribution: LTL, Last Mile Delivery, and Linehaul nice to have
BSc/BA in Computer Science or relevant field; MSc/MA will be appreciated
General Office Demands
Must be authorized to work in the U.S, now or in the future, without support McKesson.
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That’s why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to supportphysical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, pleaseclick here.
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.
Our Base Pay Range for this position$97,800 - $163,000
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
How we work and live plays a big role in building a healthier world. View our wide range of health benefits, financial benefits, wellness programs, and flexible working schedules.
Ready for the next step? We’ll guide you along the journey of our hiring process.
Culture and Values
Advancing health outcomes for all — this is the foundation of how we interact with customers, business partners, and each other. Meet the team and learn more about our mission.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Our culture is built around diverse perspectives because everyone’s unique story, experiences, and ideas are valued here.
- Warehouse Worker - Full Time Shifts Aurora, Colorado 04/21/2023
- Associé Principal, Gestion de l'Approvisionnement Saint-Laurent, Canada 06/09/2023
- Senior Director, Business Information Security Officer (BISO) Irving, Texas 06/09/2023
- Specialist, Global Security Mississauga, Canada 05/26/2023
- Conseiller(ère), Gestion des congés / Bilingual Advisor, Leaves Management Saint-Laurent, Canada 05/10/2023
You haven't viewed any jobs yet.View available opportunities
You haven't saved any jobs yet.View available opportunities