Finance Leadership Program Intern - Summer 2024Irving, Texas Job ID JR0092137 Category Intern Post Date Sep. 14, 2023
McKesson is an impact-driven, Fortune 10 company that touches virtually every aspect of healthcare. We are known for delivering insights, products, and services that make quality care more accessible and affordable. Here, we focus on the health, happiness, and well-being of you and those we serve – we care. What you do at McKesson matters. We foster a culture where you can grow, make an impact, and are empowered to bring new ideas. Together, we thrive as we shape the future of health for patients, our communities, and our people. If you want to be part of tomorrow’s health today, we want to hear from you.
McKesson Corp is a Fortune 9 company and one of the largest providers of medicines, pharmaceutical supplies and health information technology (IT) products and services in the United States with revenues of $208.4 billion in 2018. The company was founded in 1833 by John McKesson and Charles Olcott in New York with a focus on importing and wholesaling pharmaceutical products. United by our ICARE values, McKesson's 78,000 employees work together every day to make better care possible for patients around the globe.
The McKesson Finance Leadership Program internship, offers an exciting, 11-week summer internship designed to develop top MBA/Masters students into high-performing Finance professionals and exceptional leaders who will make an impact on the future of healthcare. Interns will work with a project leader and an executive sponsor to research a key business issue within the company, benchmark best practices, complete competitive analysis and craft a solution-oriented strategy to create added economic value for the company or our customers. The internship will be located in Las Colinas, TX. Interns may be involved in:
- Identification of facts and issues surrounding key healthcare trends and business topics
- Research of best practices, emerging business trends and positions of competitors
- Design of competitive strategy and offerings to achieve value-added, cost-effective business solutions
- Identification of performance opportunities
- Development and delivery of an executive presentation
Potential projects may include:
- Development of strategic options to maximize return on McKesson’s strong cash position including analysis of various capital structuring options for the company.
- Project related to strategies for moving toward driver-based forecasting and strategic planning throughout McKesson including research on value drivers by area. Complete a project and submit a proposal to the executive team on what a value driver scorecard would look like for McKesson.
- Analysis of trends in the pharmacy industry, both at the macro and prescription level, leading to development pricing strategies that address customer pain points.
- Assess and develop program strategies to capitalize on emerging customer segments.
Intern Program Details:
- Paid Internship
- Full time / 11 weeks
- Positions will reside in Las Colinas, TX
- No company sponsored housing, relocation, student visa or Green Card assistance available
- This is a hands-on opportunity to gain practical experience in a dynamic and growing industry!
- The internship program also provides networking, access to executives, structured performance & coaching
- Training provided from vendors, subject matter experts, and computer-based training with certificate prep.
- At least three years of professional work experience
- Enrolled as a student at the time of the internship, at the MBA level
- Concentration or focus in finance
- Prior finance experience required
- Leadership experience required
- 18 Years of age
- Authorized to work in the United States
Additional Knowledge & Skills
Candidates should possess:
- Undergraduate degree in accounting/finance or prior work experience involving finance, accounting, economics, banking or other analytical functions is preferred
- Demonstrate strategic and analytical thinking; demonstrate sound judgment and a willingness to result issues and problems in a timely manner
- Demonstrate personal commitment and drive to set and then meet or exceed high standards and objectives
- Act with integrity in all relationships and issues; understand impact of own behaviors on others
- Possess excellent communications skills and have the ability to develop rapport and credibility across the organization, promote ideas and proposals persuasively
- Have completed their first-year studies in an MBA program
- Be a U.S. citizen or national, a lawful U.S. permanent resident, a refugee approved for entry into the U.S. or a person who has been granted asylum in the U.S.
- Have a minimum of 3 years work experience (service-related company is preferred)
- General Office Demands
- As an equal opportunity employer, McKesson Corporation unites the talents and contributions of all to advance the power of healthcare
Career Level – IC – Business Support – B1
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That’s why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to supportphysical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, pleaseclick here.
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.
Our Base Pay Range for this position$17.33 - $28.88
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
How we work and live plays a big role in building a healthier world. View our wide range of health benefits, financial benefits, wellness programs, and flexible working schedules.
Ready for the next step? We’ll guide you along the journey of our hiring process.
Culture and Values
Advancing health outcomes for all — this is the foundation of how we interact with customers, business partners, and each other. Meet the team and learn more about our mission.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Our culture is built around diverse perspectives because everyone’s unique story, experiences, and ideas are valued here.
- Chief Counsel Mississauga, Canada 09/29/2023
- Spécialiste principal(e) de la validation de la qualité / Senior Quality Validation Specialist Multiple 09/29/2023
- Specialiste de support et Chargé de Compte / Support Specialist-Account Manager Saint-Laurent, Canada 09/29/2023
- Implementation Analyst Atlanta, Georgia 09/29/2023
- Clinical Case Educator Cary, North Carolina 09/29/2023
You haven't viewed any jobs yet.View available opportunities
You haven't saved any jobs yet.View available opportunities