Field Technical SupportDallas, Texas
What makes a successful Field Technical Support? Here are the top traits.
- Technologically Savvy
- Visual Thinker
Make an impact by using your problem-solving skills to assure maximum “uptime” for our products and a smooth experience for our customers, while maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
Monitor and analyze insights on the next steps of improving care through our evolving data and technology tools.
solutions that help break down affordability barriers to improving distribution that helps maintain drug efficacy, you’ll play a key role in shaping a global industry.
Coverage you can rely on
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Health Spending Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Benefits that go beyond your base pay
- 401(k) (U.S.)
- Pension (Canada)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Support for total well-being
- Mental Health Programs
- Flexible Schedules
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Education Reimbursement
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Flexible Work Environment
A global leader of inclusion
McKesson’s commitment to diversity and inclusion starts at the top. We have also been named a Best Employer for Diversity by Forbes.
McKesson is an impact-driven, Fortune 10 company that touches virtually every aspect of healthcare. We are known for delivering insights, products, and services that make quality care more accessible and affordable. Here, we focus on the health, happiness, and well-being of you and those we serve – we care. What you do at McKesson matters. We foster a culture where you can grow, make an impact, and are empowered to bring new ideas. Together, we thrive as we shape the future of health for patients, our communities, and our people. If you want to be part of tomorrow’s health today, we want to hear from you.
A Field Service Technician (FST) is responsible to install, set up, maintain, troubleshoot and perform repair to client systems and equipment (hardware and software). Such work may be on or off site and may involve co-ordination and co-operation with other support teams or third parties. These duties will commonly be performed within an assigned region but may be required anywhere in Canada and will include travel, after hours and weekend work requirements.
- Act as service representative for specific customers
- Perform Preventive Maintenance
- Maintain and manage equipment and parts in order to execute service requests in a timely manner
- Maintain your inventory up to date
- Diligently and professionally execute installations, repairs, necessary changes and assigned tasks on equipment onsite at customer sites as required. This includes performing such work after hours as required on a rotating on-call basis
- Ensure all work areas are kept clean, organized and safe always and act in a legal, safe and courteous manner while travelling to and from customer sites.
- Complete all administrative and reporting requirements, including all mandatory Training.
- Occasionally bring packages to courier depots or directly to the airport in case of emergency or after courier pick-up times have elapsed.
- Participate in the set-up of commercial showcase events as required
- Assist sales team as service representative when negotiating and banners HQ and chain level, assisting periodical review information on equipment performance
- Foster a culture of excellence and customer-first service relationship
- Act in accordance with McKesson Canada ILEAD (Our common definition and shared commitment to leadership: Inspire, Leverage, Execute, Advance, Develop) and ICARE (Our Shared Principles namely: Integrity, Customer-First, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence) guiding principles.
- Electronic, Robotics or Electro-mechanic college degree.
- 5 years + of experience as FST position
- Demonstrate leadership and maintain higher customer satisfaction standards
- Experience with pneumatic and robotics systems, troubleshooting and repair an asset.
- Experience with complex electronic control systems, troubleshooting and repair an asset.
- Experience in healthcare or pharmaceutical industry is an asset.
- Experience with Hospital Automation and healthcare automation is an asset
- Capacity to learn and understand the functions of McKesson APS equipment and apply learnings
- Employee will be using his own vehicle
- Excellent interpersonal customer service skills and ability to communicate effectively with individuals from varied backgrounds
- Relevant front line, field based technical customer service work experience a clear asset
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a time critical environment in an organized and effective manner
- Demonstrate a Customer First, team-oriented, positive attitude
- Must be autonomous; demonstrate initiative and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently in the field
- Capability to work with team members in various departments to achieve departmental goals and to resolve internal and external customer issues in a timely manner
- Must have and keep a valid driving license
- Position requires frequent travel within a region and occasionally anywhere within Canada. (40%)
- Availability after hours and weekends for on call support and installations as required (frequent)
- Depending on location, home based job opportunity
- Must be physically able to move large boxes and equipment weighing up to 30Kg as well as perform installation work in cabinetry and elevated spaces as needed.
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That’s why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to supportphysical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, pleaseclick here.
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.
Our Base Pay Range for this position$62,300 - $103,800
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!