Product OwnerCary, North Carolina Job ID JR0095750 Category Client Relationship Post Date Aug. 11, 2023
McKesson is an impact-driven, Fortune 10 company that touches virtually every aspect of healthcare. We are known for delivering insights, products, and services that make quality care more accessible and affordable. Here, we focus on the health, happiness, and well-being of you and those we serve – we care. What you do at McKesson matters. We foster a culture where you can grow, make an impact, and are empowered to bring new ideas. Together, we thrive as we shape the future of health for patients, our communities, and our people. If you want to be part of tomorrow’s health today, we want to hear from you.
At Biologics by McKesson, our mission is to simplify access to medication and deliver personalized care that helps patients achieve the best-possible outcomes — one patient, one partner, one therapy at time.
The Product Owner is responsible for assisting in the assurance of excellence in the internal execution and operation of existing programs and/or the implementation of new programs with a client partner.
In this role, you will assist in supporting the primary data-value workstream between our Biopharma customers, internal account management teams, Business Intelligence and IT. You will work with each team to ensure the reporting and technical requirements are gathered, well-documented, disseminated to all stakeholders timely and KPIs are delivered and socialized across the organization. Additionally, this role will assist in tracking and reporting actual versus planned performance (operational and financial) and escalate deviations with proposed solutions to the appropriate members of the leadership team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as “primary” administrator for all JIRA-related tickets, development tracking and sprint planning
- Collaborate and facilitate cross-functional communication between Biopharma and IT management.
- Develop process workflows in Visio to document operational workflow and technical data flows.
- Work effortlessly in SmartSheet as part of a collaborative team to drive ownership and accountability across the Biopharma and IT teams.
- Support Account Managers with completion of client administered responsibilities such as client reports and analytics.
- Assist in the recognition and implementation of operational improvement opportunities.
- Support ad-hoc reporting and research to identify and resolve operational issues.
- Conduct research for quarterly client business reviews of individual programs and be prepared to present information to customers when appropriate.
- Work in an Agile environment, continuously reviewing the business needs, refining priorities, outlining milestones and deliverables, identifying opportunities and risks.
- Partner with stakeholders and customers across the organization to inform the product vision, strategy, features, and prioritization (both virtual and in-person)
- Prioritize and maintain the sprint backlog for assigned products, balancing the requirements of stakeholders.
- Entry-level experience in project management and data analytics
- Education – 4-year degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Ability to motivate teammates to resolve complex problems and conflicts.
- Collaborative, customer focused, and able to create visible value to client and within the organization.
- Exposure to project management and organization skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Analytical ability to take an opportunity, notice trends, research and suggest solutions to the team.
Additional knowledge and skills
- Preferred exposure to, or certification in, Six Sigma, Lean, or other process improvement methodologies
- Preferred exposure to, or certification in, project management and resource forecasting
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking skills in a business environment.
- PMP preferred, Agile experience beneficial, JIRA experience preferred.
- General professional office environment and hybrid WFH
- 50% travel may be required
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That’s why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to supportphysical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, pleaseclick here.
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.
Our Base Pay Range for this position$51,800 - $86,400
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
How we work and live plays a big role in building a healthier world. View our wide range of health benefits, financial benefits, wellness programs, and flexible working schedules.
Ready for the next step? We’ll guide you along the journey of our hiring process.
Culture and Values
Advancing health outcomes for all — this is the foundation of how we interact with customers, business partners, and each other. Meet the team and learn more about our mission.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Our culture is built around diverse perspectives because everyone’s unique story, experiences, and ideas are valued here.
- Chief Counsel Mississauga, Canada 09/29/2023
- Spécialiste principal(e) de la validation de la qualité / Senior Quality Validation Specialist Multiple 09/29/2023
- Specialiste de support et Chargé de Compte / Support Specialist-Account Manager Saint-Laurent, Canada 09/29/2023
- Implementation Analyst Atlanta, Georgia 09/29/2023
- Clinical Case Educator Cary, North Carolina 09/29/2023
You haven't viewed any jobs yet.View available opportunities
You haven't saved any jobs yet.View available opportunities