Application Systems EngineerAtlanta, Georgia Job ID JR0096753 Category Systems Engineering Post Date Sep. 15, 2023
McKesson Corporation is a Fortune 10 company and is one of the largest providers of healthcare supply chain management solutions, retail pharmacy, medical & pharmaceutical supplies, healthcare technology, community oncology and specialty care in the United States with revenues of $231 billion in 2020. The company was founded in 1833 by John McKesson and Charles Olcott in New York with a focus on importing and wholesaling pharmaceutical products. United by our ICARE shared principles, McKesson's 80,000 employees work together every day to make better care possible around the globe – one product, one partner, one patient at a time.
Job Title: Application Systems Engineer
Work Location: Atlanta, GA / Irving, TX / Columbus, OH / Richmond VA
The Application Delivery & Support Engineer will develop and maintain on-premise and cloud systems with a specific focus on application delivery and support.
Must have critical skills:
- Must have 3 to 5 years of experience in Windows Server Administration
- Must have at least 2+yrs of hands-on experience in Citrix administration
- 3 to 5 years of experience in application support (Traditional Fat Client and Web based on Windows Server with SQL Server database backend)
- 2+ years supporting system integration solutions. (web services/API using Windows Server IIS)
- 2+ years using automated build/provisioning processes
- Experience in scripting using Powershell / Python for automation
- Strong in cloud concepts - GCP / Azure / AWS
- Monitor product applications for performance and health
- Respond to product application support issues.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots problems with software applications to identify problem area(s) and recommend corrective action
- Provide on-call support
- DevOps participant supporting application deployment and management
- Determine, define and facilitate creation of processes required to keep application services available over 99.9%
- Disaster Recovery documentation creation and maintenance. Facilitation and execution of disaster recovery plans and evidence creation
- Provide evidence in support of annual audits
Minimum Requirements : Degree or equivalent and typically requires 4+ years of relevant experience.
Additional Knowledge and Skills Preferred
- Experience using a Cloud provider, such as GCP, Azure, and/or AWS
- Virtualization technologies like VmWare and/or Citrix
- Experience in monitoring tools like Solarwinds/Datadog/Dynatrace
- Scripting language experience to support application and/or cloud automation. (PowerShell, Python, etc.)
- Understanding of DevOps tools and environments like Jenkins, Git, Rundeck and/or Terraform
- Excellent communication skills. (written, verbal, and presentation)
- Ability to make decisions
- Proven incident/problem solving
- Ability to analyze highly complex systems with specific attention to detail
- Team player mentality with specific focus on inclusion
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, Computer Science preferred or relevant professional experience
- Cloud certification (strongly desired)
Physical Requirements: General Office Demands
At CoverMyMeds, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That’s why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to supportphysical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at CoverMyMeds, pleaseclick here.
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at CoverMyMeds. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.
Our Base Pay Range for this position$88,500 - $147,500
CoverMyMeds is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
How we work and live plays a big role in building a healthier world. View our wide range of health benefits, financial benefits, wellness programs, and flexible working schedules.
Ready for the next step? We’ll guide you along the journey of our hiring process.
Culture and Values
Advancing health outcomes for all — this is the foundation of how we interact with customers, business partners, and each other. Meet the team and learn more about our mission.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Our culture is built around diverse perspectives because everyone’s unique story, experiences, and ideas are valued here.
You haven't viewed any jobs yet.View available opportunities
You haven't saved any jobs yet.View available opportunities